Ornate Stamp? - OCT 2010 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Caligula

Ornate Stamp?

It's time to order my stamp, but I haven't found the options I'm looking for. I'd like to get something a little ornate or with character, like perhaps a brass handle. So far everything I find is the generic wood/plastic stamp. Anyone know a good place to get an interesting stamp?

It's time to order my stamp, but I haven't found the options I'm looking for. I'd like to get something a little ornate or with character, like perhaps a brass handle. So far everything I find is the generic wood/plastic stamp. Anyone know a good place to get an interesting stamp?

You know that you need to pass the exam prior to ordering the stamp....LOL....JK

Interesting thought. Hmm, about $80 for a foot of 1 3/4" brass round rod. I have a nice old South Bend lathe. Hmm, maybe a springtime project...

If you want it as a pretty desk ornament, then by all means, get you one. But if you are actually going to be responsible for stamping things, I would definitely get a wet stamp instead of/in addition to an embossing seal. I got an embossing seal from Kentucky when I first passed because I liked the way it looked and I didn't envision actually stamping anything. I just had to buy a wet stamp because I use the damn thing all the time and embossed seals don't copy well for my records.

If you want it as a pretty desk ornament, then by all means, get you one. But if you are actually going to be responsible for stamping things, I would definitely get a wet stamp instead of/in addition to an embossing seal. I got an embossing seal from Kentucky when I first passed because I liked the way it looked and I didn't envision actually stamping anything. I just had to buy a wet stamp because I use the damn thing all the time and embossed seals don't copy well for my records.

Well I'm thinking a standard rubber stamp with a nice handle/exterior.

Though it would be cool to have a giant gold seal on a gold chain ala flava flave. Would make for a great nerdcore rapper named M.C. P.E.. Hmm, career change...

Or an 80s style professional wrestler named 'The Engineer". I could have a big seal on a ring, and the finishing move could be to punch someone with it, then whip out a sharpie and sign the seal imprint left on the face. "Signed and sealed bi-otch!"

If Chuck Norris were an engineer, he'd stamp his plans with his beard. Either that or have his stamp embossed on his boot so that he could stamp his plans via a roundhouse kick.

Good ideas, all around!

Sign in to follow this