Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
in the spirit of movie threads.. what yah playing?

Yes Vt we know your better than us, dont watch TV, play video games, or celebrate thanksgiving ;)

my daughter got an xbox for christmas, for myself I picked up left 4 dead, its been a pretty cool time waster during the cold winter months so far.. last night I wasnt paying attention and when I stopped playing it was 1:30 AM, so I need to "be more mindful" of the time...

I havent played many video games in a while, last one I enjoyed was star wars battle front for the playstation 1..

my parents (who didnt know any better) got my son (11) Call of Duty Black ops, which is a cool game for me, but I dont want my kids playing this game, I think they say the word motherfucker about 10 times in the first 5 minutes.. I was going to let him trade it at gamestop for Halo? Does anyone know if the lnaguage is quite as fould as Call of Duty and is it less gore (like not stabbing a guy in the throat?)

anyways, the zombie killing game has been excellent so far..

Just sat the other day and played Dr Mario on my NES for the first time in a long time. Was doing really good too until minisnick crawled over and pressed the reset button.

My inlaws were going to buy me a PS3 for Christmas until my wife told them no...that I had to study for my PE April 2011. :(

Hopefully by then they will have dropped in price to $199 so i can pick up for Gaming/Netflix/Blu Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Angry Birds on my Droid phone. Its one of those games that defines insanity (do the same thing over and over hoping for different results).

Im a PS3 fan. I got Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for Xmas from the wife and have already beaten it. I now spend endless hours playing online. Ive also recently beaten Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Final Fantasy, and for grins i will play Street Fighter.

There are really only 3 game "families" i follow: Grand theft auto (red dead was made by this group), final fantasy, and need for speed. I dont buy every game they come out with as i tend to stick with the higher rated ones.

I've been addicted to the Lego games on 360... So far I've finished Indiana Jones and Batman... Harry Potter 1-4 is in process, and Indiana Jones 2 is on deck... it's something that my wife actually enjoys watching me play...

in years past, it's been the Prince of Persia line of games.... I'm not much of a fan of the first person shooter games...

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Not sure I loved it as much as I did Assassin's Creed II since the storyline was weak(er), but the gameplay was good aside from some bugs that are fairly common according to what I've been reading. I beat the storyline already, and really only have the side tasks left (collect treasure, flags, etc), but haven't dipped into the Multiplayer yet, which is supposed to be the best part of the game. Going to wait on that until the weekend when I can get in some good "sittin' time."

I think the xbox live for $35/PER PROFILE is a major rip though..... The kids have been advised if they want it they can each pay for it (cause you know if one has it they all....). I wish Santa would have done better research and delivered the PS3...

While you guys were playing games I watched Toy Story 3 so many times I can recite the entire movie. That **** Lotso is gonna die!!

my parents got "the kids" a PS3. My wife is very anti-gaming though so playing is a bit of a catch 22 for me (play - the wife hates me, dont play - not an option). I have 3 little badals so we got the Legos indiana jones trilogy for them to play, but i have to say i really like it. we also bought Fuel (ok), nba Live 08 (very good), mlb the show 09 (difficult). The move is pretty awsome, too. I like the archery and the boys really like the gladiator game. I would like to buy some of the more adult games but between the wifes hatred and little ears/eyes around the house i will have to stick to more family friendly stuff for a while.

I think the xbox live for $35/PER PROFILE is a major rip though..... The kids have been advised if they want it they can each pay for it (cause you know if one has it they all....). I wish Santa would have done better research and delivered the PS3...
Yeah, the free online play on the PS3 is a huge bonus. Only issue is that its reliant on a wifi connection, which if your connection sucks, be prepared to get kicked out of games quite a bit (not really a problem for me, but friends have had this issue).

I would like to buy some of the more adult games but between the wifes hatred and little ears/eyes around the house i will have to stick to more family friendly stuff for a while.
fatherhood-demotivational-poster.jpg

I have an old N64... My son was interested in it so I let him play some Mario Kart 64... ended up buying an old used Toy Story 2 for him for Christmas and a mess of old racing games... He does like the Sarges Heros Green Army men games too.

I save taking my frustrations out on the world by playing Doom, Resident Evil, Bond, etc. until he is in bed.

I played a bunch of NES over Christmas. My two cousins and my little nephew were in town, so we had a retro gaming weekend. Played some SMB3, Dr. Mario, and Tecmo Super Bowl.

I got Goldeneye 007 for the Wii for Xmas, hoping to relive some the N64 glory days. Turns out that the controls are harder than Chinese arithmetic, so I don't see myself playing it very much. I'm hugely disappointed. That's the reason I don't play new games very often. I'm not good with the keyboard/mouse combo on complex PC games, and the Wii with nunchuk/classic controller has way too many effin' buttons.

I'm probably going to download the WiiWare versions of Megaman 9 and 10 in the near future. They are a flashback to the glory days of Megaman 2 and 3.

I'm not sure which madden it was but I was at best buy last week and they had one of the Madden (or football games on) a tv with such clarity that when you walked by it looked like an actual football game for a moment, that was probably more the TV than the game..

Speaking of older games, I really miss Diablo. I should hunt that down from my brother.

Very true... Diablo and Diablo II, not to mention Warcraft 1-3 and Starcraft (god bless Blizzard Ent.) are a few of my favorite PC games... my other favorite PC games are mostly Chris Sawyer games like Transport Tycoon (and Deluxe), Roller Coaster Tycoon 1-3 and Locomotion... I don't know how many hours of my life have been lost due to these games... many homework assignments put off, many late nights and god know how much my social life was lost....

I got Goldeneye 007 for the Wii for Xmas, hoping to relive some the N64 glory days. Turns out that the controls are harder than Chinese arithmetic, so I don't see myself playing it very much. I'm hugely disappointed. That's the reason I don't play new games very often. I'm not good with the keyboard/mouse combo on complex PC games, and the Wii with nunchuk/classic controller has way too many effin' buttons.
I got GoldenEye for wii a few weeks ago (early Christmas present to myself) and I found the controls pretty straightforward. I bought the game with the classic controller, but I found I like using the Wii remote & nunchuck configuration a lot better.

I thought the game was pretty good, although I'm pretty terrible at the multiplayer (online) mode. I don't know that I've ever played an online first person shooter before, and thus I am no good against real people. The last multiplayer first person shooter I played is quite possibly the original N64 Goldeneye. Needless to say, I get killed pretty quickly if I try playing online. :(

Back