Manual Scoring

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwlodyka

Reaction score
Has anyone ever submitted a Manual Scoring request? I was contemplating it, but from what I have read about it I hardly think it is worth my while. It sounds like they just charge you $25 bucks to count the red marks the scantron outputs, and not actually comparing manual answers to the actual. I can't actually sit here and believe that's all they would do and charge an individual $75 for it, but I suppose that's the world we live in.

I submitted a question to the NCEES in regards to this but who knows when I will receive a response.

The cost is set set high in comparison to the actual work involved to discourage people from invoking the option.

Has anyone ever submitted a Manual Scoring request? I was contemplating it, but from what I have read about it I hardly think it is worth my while. It sounds like they just charge you $25 bucks to count the red marks the scantron outputs, and not actually comparing manual answers to the actual. I can't actually sit here and believe that's all they would do and charge an individual $75 for it, but I suppose that's the world we live in.
I submitted a question to the NCEES in regards to this but who knows when I will receive a response.
Don't even think about it. I did it once and the same day they cash the check sent me a letter saying that no change was made to the score

Don't even think about it. I did it once and the same day they cash the check sent me a letter saying that no change was made to the score

Ha, that's it? Not even a description prefaced to what was done... a signature of who verified it or something??? Sounds about right I guess...

Ha, that's it? Not even a description prefaced to what was done... a signature of who verified it or something??? Sounds about right I guess...
I believe somewhere it is written that since they have switched to the scantron/electronic grading there has never been someone who passed becuase of having their test hand scored, after initially failing.

That pretty much sums it up to me.

I would only do it if I was VERY close and desperate.

I guess in the old days when you brought your own pencil, it was worth something, but not now.

Back