Re-Applying to the state board

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shig22

Reaction score
I failed the October in 2010 exam. Does anyone know if you have to apply to the state board again before registering to take the April exam? My state is Indiana.

Thanks,

I failed the October in 2010 exam. Does anyone know if you have to apply to the state board again before registering to take the April exam? My state is Indiana.
Thanks,
Check on your state board website to be sure, but most states I know of once you are accepted to sit for the exam you have up to 4 attempts before they require some additional actions to be taken. Some states ask that you take an additional course or training in the areas you struggle with on the exam as part of the repeat application process.

I don't think you'll have to apply again but check your state board since state boards have different policies.

You'll probably have pay a fee to your state board in addition to the ncees fee.

Thanks,
At least in FL Board you have to reapply, get approve and then reapply to NCEES again, good luck next time !!!

Tennessee has a 1-2 page re-apply form. Since the applicant is already approved to sit for the exam, it doesn't require work history or references (thank God).

They will even let you switch exams, which for me might be the case, since the Controls exam is only offered once a year.

So Florida requires you to submit references again? Wow. That's just crazy. I'm glad I didn't apply in Florida.

Tennessee has a 1-2 page re-apply form. Since the applicant is already approved to sit for the exam, it doesn't require work history or references (thank God).
They will even let you switch exams, which for me might be the case, since the Controls exam is only offered once a year.

So Florida requires you to submit references again? Wow. That's just crazy. I'm glad I didn't apply in Florida.
I guess things change in Florida board , but anyway here is the link , look at the application , they have all you need to know

link : http://www.fbpe.org/

Good luck

I guess things change in Florida board , but anyway here is the link , look at the application , they have all you need to know

Good luck
So FL doesn't require re-submittal of references. That's not as bad as I thought. Tennessee's fee for a retest is $265, and Florida's is $125. Does the Florida fee cover the exam? That's not clearly evident on the page I looked at. I can't imagine Tennessee charges twice as much as Florida for anything.

Good luck
So FL doesn't require re-submittal of references. That's not as bad as I thought. Tennessee's fee for a retest is $265, and Florida's is $125. Does the Florida fee cover the exam? That's not clearly evident on the page I looked at. I can't imagine Tennessee charges twice as much as Florida for anything.
I don't think so , you have to pay NCEES fee for the exam , thats a different fee , good luck !

Back