Is this a myth?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machiavelli999

Reaction score
So, I am sitting around waiting for my results here in California. But I have heard of this from a couple of other engineers. That basically whether they have released the exam results or not, California and all other states must update their rosters for 2011 engineers before the end of the year. So, you can basically go now to the 'License Lookup' part of your board's website and lookup your name. And if it doesn't come up, that means you failed.

I am guessing this is a myth since I am guessing I would see this mentioned somewhere on this board, but just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of something like that. If it's true, it means I failed because my name is most certainly not coming up on the 'License Lookup' section right now.

The Cali board has to validate the results, which usually happens at their next meeting (usually mid-Jan.)

It is a myth.

All previous exams, from what I have read, examinees have gotten their letter in hand before they saw their name on the "License Lookup" page. In this case, I believe you will be able to see your results on the NCEES website before you can see it on the "License Lookup".

Back