Post October 2010 Diagnostic Report scores here if you failed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErichB

Professional Engineer
Reaction score
This is to keep things more organized and not clutter the FAIL! thread on this forum.

If you have failed the exam and received your diagnostic report, please post the following in this format:

<Discipline of the Exam you took>

<Total number of problems you've got right> / 80 (or 100 depending on the exam).

For example:

Electrical Power
48/80
That's it. This thread is solely for the purpose of finding out how much more effort all incoming P.E. candidates should put into preparing for the upcoming next exam, as well as helping those that are still waiting on the results to re-evaluate their confidence in terms of how well they performed on the October 2010 exam (as well as motivate those that did sub par to start studying right away!)

Last edited by a moderator:
PayMe, do they give you a score now? I read on the NCEES website that they updated the diagnostics sheet. I think it's good that they are doing it this way. It gives the test taker a guage of where they are at and what exactly they need to improve on. It gives them an understanding of where they are at with respect to the national average. I'm not sure if the test is curved and this will always remain a mystery. I took transportation too. Do you know what areas he didn't do well on? I felt strongly that I did well on this exam this time but like many others you just never know until you get the results.

PayMe, do they give you a score now? I read on the NCEES website that they updated the diagnostics sheet. I think it's good that they are doing it this way. It gives the test taker a guage of where they are at and what exactly they need to improve on. It gives them an understanding of where they are at with respect to the national average. I'm not sure if the test is curved and this will always remain a mystery. I took transportation too. Do you know what areas he didn't do well on? I felt strongly that I did well on this exam this time but like many others you just never know until you get the results.
they tell you how many you got right, not an actual score...unless you live in a state that gives them out (TX, VA)

Oh, thanks. I guess you can add them up and find a raw score then. The questions is, what is passing? 56/80? We will never know right.....

We don't get scores in :wv: . My friend read off his % correct in each of the categories but I can't remember what all he said.

Does the diagnostic report tell you the average score? Guys, keep your head up. Keep pushing and you will pass!

I am in Texas, and I failed with a 68.

I have two other friends in Texas who also failed with a 68. They took Testmasters with me. Two of us did the Construction PM, and the other did the Transportation PM. However, I have two other friends who were in our Testmasters class that passed taking the Transportation PM

Here is a quick diagnostics spread sheet I put together when I failed in April. It can help you understand where you need to improve.

PE_exam_score.xls

Attachments

• PE_exam_score.xls
    14 KB · Views: 584
I have two other friends in Texas who also failed with a 68. They took Testmasters with me. Two of us did the Construction PM, and the other did the Transportation PM. However, I have two other friends who were in our Testmasters class that passed taking the Transportation PM
If you don't mind me asking, how much work did you do outside of the testmasters class sessions? I am in Alabama and still waiting but I did a review course other than testmasters.

Sorry to hear that. I took Construction too and am still waiting for my result. If I fail, I will definitely consider Transportation the next time I take the test.

Good luck to you and may we all have the best in the new year!

ipswitch, thanks. I remember using it in April when I failed. I believe I got a score of 52 using your spreadsheet. Does this apply to the October exam as well? Hopefully I won't have to use it this time, but you never know.

ipswitch, thanks. I remember using it in April when I failed. I believe I got a score of 52 using your spreadsheet. Does this apply to the October exam as well? Hopefully I won't have to use it this time, but you never know.
The NY Board hasn't released results yet and I didn't fail this time. The Magic 8 Ball told me so.

The NY Board hasn't released results yet and I didn't fail this time. The Magic 8 Ball told me so.
Yeah, the magic 8 ball told me that I will passed my PE this time.

Do you mean 68% or 68/80? 68/80 seems rather high for a failing score.

I took it in Texas. TBPE website shows "Grade: 60" Fail

Diagnostic report shows AM or Breadth: 21 correct PM or Depth: 21 correct. I need to unpack my suitcase of books. It is still where it is since October.

Back