How young are the PEs here?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kahrlo

Electrical Engineer
Reaction score
Just wonderin' what kind of crowd i'm talkin to here at EB and please state how many years of working as a PE:

26 years.. just got PE today..

I fell in to the 'next time around' trap, starting about 6-7 years ago. I was always looking at applying - just past the due date, or way to early. So i kept putting it off. Wish I hadn't.

I'm mid career (40), and was told I can't be promoted / no raises until I get my PE, last year. Well, that's that. Had to do it. Feels good now that it's a done deal. :)

You guys doing it earlier than I did, have the right idea. ;) I wish I'd done it earlier, but I'm glad I didn't put it off any longer.

Passed the first go in October...just turned 27 in September....

Glad its behind me, I've been thinking about it for a long time...

When I took the exam (Oct 2010) I was 26 , however recently I turned 27.

I say I was 26 when I passed the exam. NOT MY FAULT that it takes more than 2 months to get the results.

When I took the exam (Oct 2010) I was 26 , however recently I turned 27.
I say I was 26 when I passed the exam. NOT MY FAULT that it takes more than 2 months to get the results.
With that logic I will have been 25 when I passed the PE. I turned 26 yesterday and CA has yet to let me know if I should cry for joy or sorrow.

Passed first try in October 2010 at age 29 (30 for results). I took it as soon as I had the experience. Spent a little too much time in the math department first. I hear lots of people are going to school for 7 years :rolleyes: .

Passed the October '08 Fire Protection exam at age 29.

Failed to become a dual PE (electrical power) before 30....gonna be 32 this year, maybe it can happen this year.

Been working since '03, graduated school in '01. Was laid off for awhile plus had construction experience that could not be counted.

Had a buddy who was a PE at 25...took the exam at 24. Managed to beat the system somehow...counted experience pre-graduation and they let him.

Last edited by a moderator:
51 , and I from Peru , 10 years here in America , now my country for me and my family , "God Bless America"

Back