RHODE ISLAND - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nucky

Reaction score
There may be no one else out there from RI but does anyone have an idea when we will hear?

I asked the board secretary and she said not until after the Jan 19th meeting. However, they said the same thing last year but sent the letter the first week of Jan.

There may be no one else out there from RI but does anyone have an idea when we will hear?I asked the board secretary and she said not until after the Jan 19th meeting. However, they said the same thing last year but sent the letter the first week of Jan.
I was told the board will not meet to certify the results until January 19th. We will not find out until after results are certified....

I think we will get them this week (hopefully). I think they said the same thing last year. Last year the board meeting was Jan 20th, however they sent the results on Jan 4th.

civilMA, I take back my comment. I think you are right. I called today and they stated not till after the board meeting on Jan 19th. Crazy!

It will be a long January. I'm not sure why Rhode Island waits so long when most other states have already released results.

civilMA, I take back my comment. I think you are right. I called today and they stated not till after the board meeting on Jan 19th. Crazy!
That really hurts potential PEs in your city...I mean state. :eyebrows:

What is the re-file deadline for April?

The April exam deadline in RI is January 1st for both first time an repeat takers. If I did not pass the October exam I think this means waiting one year to re-take....ouch

I actually asked the board secretary about that and she said if you fail you can retake it in April. She made it sound like you don't even have to reapply. As long as you haven't reached the maximum number of attempts you can just sit the next exam date.

civilMA, what do you think? Still two weeks till we hear? I was looking at the release dates for the last couple years and they have always been before board meetings. I don't know what the board needs to do? This is getting crazy. We might be the last state.

I think we need to wait a until after the board meeting to find out. Hopefully they can send an e-mail results once they are certified!

I'm told board is going to send results in a letter via snail mail. So I think we will find out the week of January 24th. Maybe on January 21st if we are lucky.

Will RI be the last state in the union to release results?

I'm told board is going to send results in a letter via snail mail. So I think we will find out the week of January 24th. Maybe on January 21st if we are lucky.
Will RI be the last state in the union to release results?
It's really going to be that long! Did you call them recently? Good lord! Yes I think we are the last state. Iowa was right up there with us but I think they got their results yesterday/today.

Hey, are you in Mass? If so, where abouts? I'm in Newton.

I sent an e-mail to the board. It did not say when letters would be mailed so I'm just guessing it will be the day of the meeting or the day after.

Yep- I live in Bedford.

I sent an e-mail to the board. It did not say when letters would be mailed so I'm just guessing it will be the day of the meeting or the day after.
Yep- I live in Bedford.
Nice. Well we should get them around the same time then. I will let you know when I hear.

My thoughts are with my engineering neighbors in Rhode Island; I'm in Massachusetts. I can't imagine how you all must be feeling right now!

Back