NCEES streamlined process

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's take the Stanley Spadowski approach:

"We gotta, we gotta stand right up. We, we gotta run to a window and say, 'Hey! These results are taking longer than hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!'"

Simple solution: eliminate all humans. No curves, not cuts, no crap. Get X # correct and you pass and mister scantron will let you know when you walk out the door after the exam. This system is so antiquated it isn't funny.

:sharkattack:

Seriously, why is there this absolute resistance on this board to any form of concern in regards to Ncees's service?

Having to be a mandatory customer of theres by law, should expose them to more criticism and more open examination of there processes, not less.

Seriously, why is there this absolute resistance on this board to any form of concern in regards to Ncees's service?
Having to be a mandatory customer of theres by law, should expose them to more criticism and more open examination of there processes, not less.
:plusone:

Then of course, they do say 8 to 10 weeks. We're only coming up on week 9. It sucks that this particular test cycle something got hosed and they're taking longer than the last few cycles. Technically they still have one and a half weeks left after that I say, "Unleash the hounds!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say that if it was just a quick scantron result and you found your score out immediately it wouldn't have the same weight as it does now. Yeah that waiting sucks but that adds to how awesome it is when you actually pass. I have a feeling that once everybody gets their passing notice they won't care about the wait. I know I won't be checking this board or the NCEES website every 1/2 hr ever again!

I gotta say that if it was just a quick scantron result and you found your score out immediately it wouldn't have the same weight as it does now. Yeah that waiting sucks but that adds to how awesome it is when you actually pass. I have a feeling that once everybody gets their passing notice they won't care about the wait. I know I won't be checking this board or the NCEES website every 1/2 hr ever again!
On the flip side think how much it will suck for all those that fail after waiting this long. It will be a double whammy! I hope I'm not one of them.

On the flip side think how much it will suck for all those that fail after waiting this long. It will be a double whammy! I hope I'm not one of them.

That's the sad truth... I'm not so confident in my morning test efforts and therefore, I have a bad gut feeling that I'm going to be one of those nut jobs that pulled his hair in anticipation just to fail....

-think good thoughts, think good thoughts, think good thoughts..... :lamo:

The 8-10 week waiting period could be a tool they use to keep everyone from studying too much before the next exam.

you know the 8-10 weeks wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't of pushed back the Oct. test a week and the April test a week ahead...we lost two weeks.

Waiting for these results sucks. I feel like a mouse trapped in a bag of cotton balls. The problem is I hate bureaucrats. Bureaucratic douchebaggery added about 20 extra days to this testing process.

The NCEES gave you a time frame of 8-10 weeks (and some states take much longer then that to validate results). The NCEES still has not exceeded that time frame, thus it's hard to find much to complain about.

I have to assume that many of the people who are complaining about the wait are taking the exam for the first time. The results always take a while to be released. Yes, it does seem to be later in the calendar year for these results to come out, but the exam was given a week later then normal. Just be glad that most of you didn't take the exam in California. They likely won't get their results until February.

The results will come, getting all worked up about them won't make them get here any faster, relax and try to enjoy the holidays.

Why 8-10 weeks ??

In the computer/internet age has to be much faster.

Not more then 3/4 weeks.

Back