Top Ten Things to do when you pass the PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukesherman

Reaction score
10. Learn how to spell pro-fes-sion-al.

9. Wear a sash into work that says “Mr. (Ms.) Professional Engineer of (state)”.

8. Do the moonwalk into your boss’s office and remind them about that promised raise.

7. Meet Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker at the bar.

6. Ask your subjects to bow in your PEness.

5. File a complaint at the BBB over NCEES's grading process.

4. Send a “Holiday Wishes” email to everyone in your contacts highlighting the PE in your signature.

3. Contact NCEES and say “Sucker!”

2. Spin around your chair ONCE and then go back to work.

1. Go spell your name and PE in the snow.

Best of luck to all!

update your Facebook. insert your name, P.E.

Last edited by a moderator:
10.) Update my Outlook E-mail signature and LinkedIn profile with the "P.E." suffix to my name.

9.) Let my boss know that I am now a licensed professional engineer. Also, treat her to lunch to celebrate, if she passes as well.

8.) Send "thank you" letters to my references.

7.) Let my parents know that I have became a certified professional engineer. My Dad will certainly be proud since he also tried to acquire licensure himself as a Chemical Engineer, but can't get past the E.I.T.

6.) Plan for obtaining a P.E. license in Control Systems in October 2011, as that would grant me the Title Act here in California. (The Electrical Engineering license would only grant me the Practicing Act.)

5.) Focus on completing Graduate School for Systems Engineering and graduate next semester. I better not fail the verbal exam panel, or else that would be embarrassing! "Hey! A P.E. failed our graduate verbal exam panel! Ha ha ha!"

4.) Let my friends know that I have acquired a professional engineering license. Also offer to serve as recommendations for them should they seek professional licensure (granted that they have a mature professional attitude in their careers.)

3.) See what opportunities my employer has to offer me given that I have a professional engineering license.

2.) Update my NCEES Records file.

1.) Reflect on the meaning of becoming a professional engineer, and take an oath to raise my standards even higher as I seek to continuously improve myself in my profession as an engineer.

10.) Update my Outlook E-mail signature and LinkedIn profile with the "P.E." suffix to my name.
9.) Let my boss know that I am now a licensed professional engineer. Also, treat her to lunch to celebrate, if she passes as well.

7.) Let my parents know that I have became a certified professional engineer. My Dad will certainly be proud since he also tried to acquire licensure himself as a Chemical Engineer, but can't get passed the E.I.T.

6.) Plan for obtaining a P.E. license in Control Systems in October 2011, as that would grant me the Title Act here in California. (The Electrical Engineering license would only grant me the Practicing Act.)

5.) Focus on completing Graduate School for Systems Engineering and graduate next semester. I better not fail the verbal exam panel, or else that would be embarrassing! "Hey! A P.E. failed our graduate verbal exam panel! Ha ha ha!"

4.) Let my friends know that I have acquired a professional engineering license. Also offer to serve as recommendations for them should they seek professional licensure (granted that they have a mature professional attitude in their careers.)

3.) See what opportunities my employer has to offer me given that I have a professional engineering license.

1.) Reflect on the meaning of becoming a professional engineer, and take an oath to raise my standards even higher as I seek to continuously improve myself in my profession as an engineer.
In light of some of the posts I've seen and/or posted in this forum, you have submitted one of the most mature posts to date. Kudos.

Show off your PEness to everyone you know, straingers, and throw it in all your ex's face.

edit:... while yelling "wooohooo, that's what I'm talkin bout"

7.) Let my parents know that I have became a certified professional engineer. My Dad will certainly be proud since he also tried to acquire licensure himself as a Chemical Engineer, but can't get passed the E.I.T.

In light of some of the posts I've seen and/or posted in this forum, you have submitted one of the most mature posts to date. Kudos.
:leghump: :17:

Does this mean you will spend your work hours working instead of posting and reading?

Does this mean you will spend your work hours working instead of posting and reading?
ha! doubt it! The PEs I know work less then the EITs. The EITs get the grunt work

December has been a slow month in my company. Things are going to be picking up in January, and by then, I would be pretty much occupied with customers.

To answer your question directly, yes. In fact, I may not be browsing these boards during work hours, but rather at home instead, perhaps helping incoming E.I.Ts or P.Es in that matter.

10. Learn how to spell pro-fes-sion-al. 9. Wear a sash into work that says “Mr. (Ms.) Professional Engineer of (state)”.

8. Do the moonwalk into your boss’s office and remind them about that promised raise.

7. Meet Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker at the bar.

6. Ask your subjects to bow in your PEness.

5. File a complaint at the BBB over NCEES's grading process.

4. Send a “Holiday Wishes” email to everyone in your contacts highlighting the PE in your signature.

3. Contact NCEES and say “Sucker!”

2. Spin around your chair ONCE and then go back to work.

1. Go spell your name and PE in the snow.

Best of luck to all!
That number 8 sounds like a great idea.... Too bad I cant moonwalk and dont get a raise.... :censored:

3. Use my stamp for everyday VISA purchases.

2. Pray for a sizable raise so I can make bigger VISA purchases.

1. Figure out the next scheme to increase my VISA purchasing power.

Tell the boss you need new business cards...
This is the first thing I'll probably do. Mine were never changed once I got married - I figured I'd just get them changed after I pass the PE. Man I hope I pass it. I don't want to wait another 6 months for new business cards.

Back