Anyone Applying in South Carolina??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie925

Reaction score
I applied to the SC Board for Approval to take the PE Exam in April 2011. The deadline was Dec 15th. They got my application on Dec 3rd via FedEx with signature confirmation. The check has been cashed. I emailed right before the 15th to check on my application as I had not heard anything yet. I received a reply on the 15th saying" "We have received the application. It has not been assigned to a processor yet, but you will get an acknowledgement e-mail of the status."

I have not received anything by email or mail yet. I checked the website today and a list of approved candidates was posted on Dec 17th (2 days after I was told my application was not assigned to anyone yet). I am not on the list.

The board is closed for the holidays until tomorrow. :(

Obviously, I will call them directly to find out tomorrow (actually left a message already).

But I was just wondering if anyone else is registering in South Carolina and if anything similar has happened to you?

This is stressing me out big time!!!

Thanks,

Marie

...But I was just wondering if anyone else is registering in South Carolina and if anything similar has happened to you?

Marie
Marie,

You were cutting it too close. They check all the stuff (references, past jobs, etc.) that you supplied in your application. If you sent it in 2 weeks before the closing date, there's no way they can verify your work, contact your references, and get the responses back from your references in that short amount of time.

However, I do think they will apply your fee towards the October exam. As you can tell by my name, I've done this a few times...

Thanks for the reply.

Actually after speaking with the board office yesterday, I was told, the list on the website are mostly EIT canidates or repeat takers who require little review. My application "seems complete" and "has not been assigned to a reviewer yet" Basically she said they were busy, but my application would be reviewed no later than the middle of January that this was normal.

I do not believe the board would set a deadline that would make it impossible for them to review applications that meet that deadline.

I mostly was concerned whether the list was complete or partial.

Thanks for your input. I will keep you posted if it turns out differently than, I think.

Marie

...But I was just wondering if anyone else is registering in South Carolina and if anything similar has happened to you?

Marie
Marie,

You were cutting it too close. They check all the stuff (references, past jobs, etc.) that you supplied in your application. If you sent it in 2 weeks before the closing date, there's no way they can verify your work, contact your references, and get the responses back from your references in that short amount of time.

However, I do think they will apply your fee towards the October exam. As you can tell by my name, I've done this a few times...

Thanks for the reply.
Actually after speaking with the board office yesterday, I was told, the list on the website are mostly EIT canidates or repeat takers who require little review. My application "seems complete" and "has not been assigned to a reviewer yet" Basically she said they were busy, but my application would be reviewed no later than the middle of January that this was normal.

I do not believe the board would set a deadline that would make it impossible for them to review applications that meet that deadline.

I mostly was concerned whether the list was complete or partial.

Thanks for your input. I will keep you posted if it turns out differently than, I think.

Marie

Marie
Marie,

I mailed my application in June 2010 just before the deadline and got approved for the Oct 2010 exam.

You might be okay.

Back