Results Prediction

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodSlinger

Reaction score
I was the assistant to a driller on a rig taking soil/dirt samples a number of summers ago as part of an internship. After about 10 or 11 hours of work in the hot sun, I would ask, "how many more holes do we have to drill"? The response was always about 3 more than the truth. He did this so that I would leave him alone, and finish hard as well I suppose, but foremost he was disarming me. As many here also believe, I think the NCEES is giving the canned response of one to two weeks to avoid any further conversation or conflict. They know they are coming much sooner. They just don't want to give out an answer that goes against what they told all of us two months ago, and they don't want to fan the fire that is eager test takers awaiting results. So, here's what is going to happen.

The results will start coming fast and hard tomorrow AM. Let us not forget that Illinois has already received the results (their testing agency anyway). They can't be the only one, and they can't be a full week ahead of at least a handful of other States. It might be via their web site being updated, notification from them, email notification from your State, updated State web sites, or a combination of a bunch of these.

Yes Ray, they will come, and they are coming tomorrow.

On a side note. If you think it is difficult waiting for results for one exam, try doing it for two exams three years apart. There's nothing worse than being licensed in a dozen states and then having to sit for another exam because a State in your region has a different designation for Structural Engineers. I should have been a plumber.

I was the assistant to a driller on a rig taking soil/dirt samples a number of summers ago as part of an internship. After about 10 or 11 hours of work in the hot sun, I would ask, "how many more holes do we have to drill"? The response was always about 3 more than the truth. He did this so that I would leave him alone, and finish hard as well I suppose, but foremost he was disarming me. As many here also believe, I think the NCEES is giving the canned response of one to two weeks to avoid any further conversation or conflict. They know they are coming much sooner. They just don't want to give out an answer that goes against what they told all of us two months ago, and they don't want to fan the fire that is eager test takers awaiting results. So, here's what is going to happen.
The results will start coming fast and hard tomorrow AM. Let us not forget that Illinois has already received the results (their testing agency anyway). They can't be the only one, and they can't be a full week ahead of at least a handful of other States. It might be via their web site being updated, notification from them, email notification from your State, updated State web sites, or a combination of a bunch of these.

On a side note. If you think it is difficult waiting for results for one exam, try doing it for two exams three years apart. There's nothing worse than being licensed in a dozen states and then having to sit for another exam because a State in your region has a different designation for Structural Engineers. I should have been a plumber.
I totally agree. I should have been a plumber. I have a great crack too!

I am certain that you do.

Gym Teacher sounds pretty awesome to me... why didn't someone tell me this or I figure it out on my own sooner?!?

How do you know that the testing agency for IL has the results?

How do you know that the testing agency for IL has the results?
check out the IL results Oct. 2010 thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Just like delivery pizza! If they tell you it will be there in 15 minutes and it arrives in 30 minutes, you'll be angry and may think twice about leaving a tip. But if they tell you 45 minutes and you get in 30, you'll be happy because it will feel like you got it early.

:GotPics:

The question is if we don't get results before Christmas, how many of us will still repeatedly check NCEES through the weekend even though we know that no one is working?

The question is if we don't get results before Christmas, how many of us will still repeatedly check NCEES through the weekend even though we know that no one is working?
Not me. I wasted enough time waiting. Last week they told us this week. This week they tell us next week. And next week they will tell us they lost the results and we all have to take the test again. I've had it with NCEES.

Analyze this: I had a dream last night that I got results. It was a pdf and my results were handwritten in pencil. My score was 120, and it said 'you passed, barely'. Really? Barely passed with 120? I obviously saw the extra credit problems at the back of the test booklet.

Analyze this: I had a dream last night that I got results. It was a pdf and my results were handwritten in pencil. My score was 120, and it said 'you passed, barely'. Really? Barely passed with 120? I obviously saw the extra credit problems at the back of the test booklet.
The dream will show opposite in the reality. I dream that I passed last time but few weeks later that I failed...

ps..so I told myself before the night...dream something about I failed for the exam...

Last edited by a moderator:
The dream will show opposite in the reality. I dream that I passed last time but few weeks later that I failed...

ps..so I told myself before the night...dream something about I failed for the exam...
Very comforting. Thanks. At least I know.

So long as I'm not in front of a computer, I'll be okay, but once I sit down in front of one, it's all over...

I won't be repeatedly checking over the weekend, the magic 8 ball told me that I passed. ****, I wish that I had used that the other times I took and did not pass the test, I would have only studied this past time. Silly me.

Today is the last day I will be checking on the results untill Monday. They better get their act together...

Back