NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jv21

Reaction score
It appears that NCEES had some trouble with the Oct. tests this time around. Every State seems to share the same response. It appears that NCEES has not submitted any results to any of the states processing boards yet.

Last time-around, many states heard by now. Some were a little slower to release the results due to additional processing proceedures by each state. As for this time, no-one has seen anything.

This draws me to believe that NCEES likely messed-up the scoring, had a bunked test, or something along those lines. I do not believe it's an email problem, because if it was, it would have been resolved by now. They would have fixed the problem or set-up a new system to convey the results.

Bottom line is, the turnaround time is less efficient by almost a calendar week at this point and can only point towards a screw-up on NCEES's part.

It appears that NCEES had some trouble with the Oct. tests this time around. Every State seems to share the same response. It appears that NCEES has not submitted any results to any of the states processing boards yet.
Last time-around, many states heard by now. Some were a little slower to release the results due to additional processing proceedures by each state. As for this time, no-one has seen anything.

This draws me to believe that NCEES likely messed-up the scoring, had a bunked test, or something along those lines. I do not believe it's an email problem, because if it was, it would have been resolved by now. They would have fixed the problem or set-up a new system to convey the results.

Bottom line is, the turnaround time is less efficient by almost a calendar week at this point and can only point towards a screw-up on NCEES's part.
I know those not waiting are going to give flack about criticizing NCEES but there has to be an issue with something. If there wasn't some states would have results. Its very unlikely that you can turn around exams in 46 days one testing administration and 6 months later the states haven't heard anything on day 53.

I know those not waiting are going to give flack about criticizing NCEES but there has to be an issue with something. If there wasn't some states would have results. Its very unlikely that you can turn around exams in 46 days one testing administration and 6 months later the states haven't heard anything on day 53.
yup... someone screwed the pooch

You can't forget there are 4 potential holidays during the wait for oct as opposed to just 1 for april. so you are really only looking at maybe 3 days longer at this point

You can't forget there are 4 potential holidays during the wait for oct as opposed to just 1 for april. so you are really only looking at maybe 3 days longer at this point

It already has been 3 - 4 days longer then last time!

:tardbang:

It already has been 3 - 4 days longer then last time!

:tardbang:
The October test took 53-54 days last year. If we don't get results today or tomorrow, then I will officially consider them late.

:smileyballs:

In April, the shortest wait for results for any state was 46 days according to the spreadsheet on this size. We are at day 53, which is one full week later. While I hesitate to accuse anybody of "screwing up", I think we can at least acknowledge that the time line for October results has been extended by something other than a holiday here or there. It isn't necessarily nefarious - could just be the volume of tests - but it is longer nonetheless.

The October test took 53-54 days last year. If we don't get results today or tomorrow, then I will officially consider them late.
lol, and what exactly is going to occur if the results are "officially" late? Are you going to send them some sort of past due notification?

lol, and what exactly is going to occur if the results are "officially" late? Are you going to send them some sort of past due notification?
No, I just felt it was premature to consider them "late" before the same amount of time elapsed since the last October test... It seems like everyone is complaining that the results are lest, but I think that the April and October Exams are appleas and oranges...

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

bet your A$$... a fine too... along with a stern letter from my grandmother

I have also hoped they would be released by now, but I don't think it's fair to call them late until we are past the 8-10 week notification window they originally told us.

Just my $0.02

If NCEES gives me a PASS then I would be willing to give them a Pass for being late..... otherwise

:bash:

I have also hoped they would be released by now, but I don't think it's fair to call them late until we are past the 8-10 week notification window they originally told us.
Just my $0.02
Take your $0.02 and :censored: :smash:

:joke: It's like crewl joke at this point

bet your A$$... a fine too... along with a stern letter from my grandmother
I say we knock a few heads around until we get some answers. Ha. The results will be bitter sweet if I didn't pass. I definitely don't want to go through this waiting again. forget the studying aspect of having to retake the test. The waiting is the worst.

Just my $0.02

Haha, I will second Krakes point: Pass me and I will pass on being upset about the wait (even if I have no argument to be upset in the first place)

Just my $0.02

Haha, I will second Krakes point: Pass me and I will pass on being upset about the wait (even if I have no argument to be upset in the first place)
:beerchug:

One of my sources told me that the passing rate is extremely high and they are looking into two options:

Invalidate the test or make a cut score of the cut score to make it look more like other tests...

[SIZE=8pt]Of course this is not true and I am just messing with you...[/SIZE]

One of my sources told me that the passing rate is extremely high and they are looking into two options:
Invalidate the test or make a cut score of the cut score to make it look more like other tests...

:mf_followthroughfart:

I would prefer drawing the winners which will add more excitement and a life long memory.

Back