WA SE III Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaEngineer

Reaction score
Any news when the results will be out? I hope they will announce the results earlier than every year to give people an opportunity to sign up for the new April exams if necessary. I don't feel like donating $1,000 for the new exams fees!!

After the exam, they told me I will get the result after Feb. 15.
Did you contact the board or you meant the people administring the test?

By the way, the actual grading of the test is done. A coworker of mine helps grade the tests. It would be a shame to wait two more months for some formalities!
then all they have to do is establishing a cutting score and sending the results.
I took the SE III last year in Oregon and didn't get my results until June 2010.

By the way, the actual grading of the test is done. A coworker of mine helps grade the tests. It would be a shame to wait two more months for some formalities!
then all they have to do is establishing a cutting score and sending the results.
I took the SE III last year in Oregon and didn't get my results until June 2010.
is it the same as WA SE 3? i took WA one last year and got my result around first week of february. sending results in june for the october exam is not fair. it is almost 8 months.

is it the same as WA SE 3? i took WA one last year and got my result around first week of february. sending results in june for the october exam is not fair. it is almost 8 months.

I predict we will get the results on Friday 1/21/11!!

Do you have any idea how they grade the exam?
I think a group of volunteers (SE's) gather and grade all exams in one long day. This explains the brutal grading. I can't imagine grading for 10+ straight hours. I know these volunteers mean well. I just hope I was graded in the first few hours. The exams get cross checked by other engineers, but I think engineers tend not to want to challenge another engineer's grading.

Do you have any idea how they grade the exam?
I think a group of volunteers (SE's) gather and grade all exams in one long day. This explains the brutal grading. I can't imagine grading for 10+ straight hours. I know these volunteers mean well. I just hope I was graded in the first few hours. The exams get cross checked by other engineers, but I think engineers tend not to want to challenge another engineer's grading.
i highly doubt it if they can finish grading all tests in one long day. i heard there were 170 or so examines last time. this is means around 2000 pages of calcs, assumptions, codes etc. what i heard is there are usually 16 graders. each question are graded and cross checked by two graders.

If this is true, then the cut off score could be similar to last year's! Anyone knows what was the passing score for last year?

How did you find out there were that many examines this year? If this is true, then I agree it would be tough to grade everyone in one day!!

Last year's SE III cut-score meeting minute says there were 149 examinees and the cut-score decision was made on Jan 28th. This year at the Tacoma site alone, I believe there were about 200 of us (I didn't do the head count but just based on the number of rows and seats per row). Sometime in February sounds reasonable as this year's exam was administered about 10 days later than last year...waiting patiently and keeping my fingers crossed.
bcy, thanks for the clarification. you are right about the exam site. it was crowded. addition to what you said: the passing score was 20 and the passing rate was only 20 percent. good luck.

Last year's SE III cut-score meeting minute says there were 149 examinees and the cut-score decision was made on Jan 28th. This year at the Tacoma site alone, I believe there were about 200 of us (I didn't do the head count but just based on the number of rows and seats per row). Sometime in February sounds reasonable as this year's exam was administered about 10 days later than last year...waiting patiently and keeping my fingers crossed.
bcy, thanks for the clarification. you are right about the exam site. it was crowded. addition to what you said: the passing score was 20 and the passing rate was only 20 percent. good luck.
I'm still optimistic that the results will be out towards the end of January this year. I think grading was done much earlier than usual. Mark my words, January 21st, 2011 will be the day we all know the results :) Sadly, 80% of us will be disappointed :(

I'm still optimistic that the results will be out towards the end of January this year. I think grading was done much earlier than usual. Mark my words, January 21st, 2011 will be the day we all know the results :) Sadly, 80% of us will be disappointed :(

Back