KANSAS - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstatenupe

Reaction score
New member but have lurked for a while now. I figured I would start a KS Results Thread.

Anyone else here make the trip to topeka???

New member but have lurked for a while now. I figured I would start a KS Results Thread.
Anyone else here make the trip to topeka???
Another KS examinee lurker here-- glad someone finally started this. I made the trip to Topeka and hope not to make it again!

My only news is that I e-mailed the KSBTP to change my mailing address and asked for a results date estimate. They said that information would not be released via phone or e-mail, but they had not received any results as of that day (Wednesday, 12/15). They said the website would be updated to let us know when the results are received and mailed:

http://www.kansas.gov/ksbtp/

From the spreadsheet, it looks like 62 days is average for results, but April 2010 was 53 days. Hopefully it's not 68 days like in October 2008! I have my fingers crossed for next week, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

Good luck!

They said that information would not be released via phone or e-mail, but they had not received any results as of that day

Cool. Thats just another website I need to frantically check.

Anyone else take there exam in Topeka??? There were a ton of people in the room and one person banging on the door after the proctor started. There has to be more than just us two.

This looks like a good place to bump my post count to 25, so that I can get my name listed above.

I took the Civil Geotech exam in Topeka in October, 2010. I believe I did well.

The KSBTP met on 12/16 and 12/17. My guess is that they schedule that meeting, in part, to vote to accept newly passed engineers.

This looks like a good place to bump my post count to 25, so that I can get my name listed above.
I took the Civil Geotech exam in Topeka in October, 2010. I believe I did well.

The KSBTP met on 12/16 and 12/17. My guess is that they schedule that meeting, in part, to vote to accept newly passed engineers.
Why would they need to vote and accept new engineers? Isn't passing the exam enough?

Why would they need to vote and accept new engineers? Isn't passing the exam enough?
I'm almost certain that there is still some formal step of voting to accept. I think they'd have a real hard time turning you down, had you met their standards to take the test and then pass the test.

Regardless, they have met. If they received NCEES results before those dates, they are probably ready to send Pass/Fail letters.

If NCEES hasn't sent them, who knows....

From the spreadsheet, it looks like 62 days is average for results, but April 2010 was 53 days. Hopefully it's not 68 days like in October 2008! I have my fingers crossed for next week, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low.
Good luck!
It also looks like there is a decreasing trend in the number of days.

I took the exam in October in Topeka. The website was last updated on December 6th, and the template is circa 1998. I wouldn't expect the website to tell you much before you get the results in the mail. Based on past exams, I'm expecting results next week as this week will be a short one with holidays.

next week is just as short... Ohh Nooo... [SIZE=8pt]ohh nooo...[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the exam in October in Topeka. The website was last updated on December 6th, and the template is circa 1998. I wouldn't expect the website to tell you much before you get the results in the mail. Based on past exams, I'm expecting results next week as this week will be a short one with holidays.

I had to refresh, as suggested above, to get the 12/20 update.

Thanks. Does that make 12/22 a possible release for PE?

Just accessed on my phone. Maybe clear your cache. Updated Dec 20. I emailed the office last week and they said they would post something similar when PE exam results are mailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not I. They probably remember my voice from all the times I called them to confirm what reference materials to bring and other questions about the proctor.

Not I. They probably remember my voice from all the times I called them to confirm what reference materials to bring and other questions about the proctor.
Nor I. I assume they remember all the crap they put me through trying to convince them of my experience. They're the last people I want to tick off right now. :)

Back