FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jv21

Reaction score
Thought I would Start one for FL

Post your results and elected depth

:party-smiley-048:

Its a cold week! 30 Degree tonight.
LOL, that isn't cold. That is still shorts weather by WI standards. This morning it was 6 deg. above zero with a -15 deg. windchill. Now that's a fairly cold morning. :)
It's cold to us... we have thin blood and very few clothes for this type of weather... It's a real prob for us since we grow tomatoes and other fruit that are very sensitive to the cold

LOL, that isn't cold. That is still shorts weather by WI standards. This morning it was 6 deg. above zero with a -15 deg. windchill. Now that's a fairly cold morning. :)
It's cold to us... we have thin blood and very few clothes for this type of weather... It's a real prob for us since we grow tomatoes and other fruit that are very sensitive to the cold
I don't know about thin blood, but at twenty degrees in Lakeland last night, I'm pretty sure I lost my key lime and orange tree saplings.

I don't know about thin blood, but at twenty degrees in Lakeland last night, I'm pretty sure I lost my key lime and orange tree saplings.

This cold weather is making me more tense then I already was...

I agree. I run to destress, and I don't own clothes warm enough to run in 30 degree nights.
Thanks to 6 years in NJ, I now own an arsenal of clothing to run in 30 degree weather. But I still hate when it gets that cold. We finally broke down and turned the heat on -I didn't move back here so I could wear long underwear while sitting around the house.

Random question - but how much time will we have to reapply? I'm thinking I'd like to know today or tomorrow because trying to get that re-application in Dec 17 is going to take some serious work.

Random question - but how much time will we have to reapply? I'm thinking I'd like to know today or tomorrow because trying to get that re-application in Dec 17 is going to take some serious work.
Here's the question you should really be asking your board, why bother having a refile deadline when NCEES can't get it's act together to release results in a timely manner. The fact that they have opened registration before releasing scores is absolutely ridiculous.

I reapply today without knowing my results just in case , I also sent a $ 125 check , I dont think is right NCEES and FBPE should coordinate the dates

George

Here's the question you should really be asking your board, why bother having a refile deadline when NCEES can't get it's act together to release results in a timely manner. The fact that they have opened registration before releasing scores is absolutely ridiculous.
Exactly, the IL refile deadline is Feb. 1st.

I sent an email to the board to ask about this. I guess if we get the result by 7pm tomorrow, the applications can be overnighted.

Also, in my experience, the board is pretty resonable. For Oct 10 re-takers, they'll probably give us a couple weeks extra. It's a lot of paperwork to process, so I think the dates are to get MOST of the apps in so that everything doesn't flood in at the last minute. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

I sent an email to the board to ask about this. I guess if we get the result by 7pm tomorrow, the applications can be overnighted.

Also, in my experience, the board is pretty resonable. For Oct 10 re-takers, they'll probably give us a couple weeks extra. It's a lot of paperwork to process, so I think the dates are to get MOST of the apps in so that everything doesn't flood in at the last minute. But that's just my opinion.
As an 'experienced' PE exam test taker, I thought they had a later deadline for re-takers, also...but i couldn't find anything on either FL Board website or the NCEES....they would have to give us extra time, seeing that the results probably won't be out until next week. :smileyballs:

:unitedstates:

It's pretty frustrating as I have contacted the board 4 times in the last 2 weeks, by e-mail and phone call with no response. I have been unemployed for the past 8 months and really don't have the extra $125 to spend for possibly no reason at all. I understand they may be busy, but a cut and paste e-mail to the same question they have to be getting a lot of, or updating the date on the website would go a long way.

It's pretty frustrating as I have contacted the board 4 times in the last 2 weeks, by e-mail and phone call with no response. I have been unemployed for the past 8 months and really don't have the extra $125 to spend for possibly no reason at all. I understand they may be busy, but a cut and paste e-mail to the same question they have to be getting a lot of, or updating the date on the website would go a long way.
too logical you silly engineer.

I just recieved this message in an email from the FL board

"A extension will be given for the re-application deadline for the April 2011 Exam only for that applicants currently awaiting the Oct 2010 exam. But that date has not been determined as of yet."

Which doesn't help us figure out the results date any better....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recieved this message in an email from the FL board
"A extension will be given for the re-application deadline for the April 2011 Exam only for that applicants currently awaiting the Oct 2010 exam. But that date has not been determined as of yet."

Which does help us figure out the results date any better....
Shoot - and I was hoping the Dec 17 deadline indicated that we'd be getting our results before then. Oh well. You'd think the FBOE would be a bit more logical about this process.

We could still get results by the 17th, just because they haven't decided how much time they will give us between when we receive our results and the new deadline for re-apps; doesn't mean we wont get them this week.

Back