Be honest - who's started studying for the April '11 exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
I told myself I'd take a few weeks off after the Oct '10 exam and then hit the books again. Well, it's now been 5+ weeks and I honestly haven't made nearly as much progress as planned. I have studied maybe 2-3 times for 1-2 hours each time for the CA Seismic (which I know I didn't pass), but that's it. I probably passed CA Surveying so I won't be touching that and there is a slight possibility I passed the 8-hour so I might wait for the results before I study for that. But I really do need to get back on the Seismic.

Just curious - how are you guys doing study-wise? :reading:

I haven't even registered for the April 2011 exam yet

I've ordered study materials though

I told myself I'd take a few weeks off after the Oct '10 exam and then hit the books again. Well, it's now been 5+ weeks and I honestly haven't made nearly as much progress as planned. I have studied maybe 2-3 times for 1-2 hours each time for the CA Seismic (which I know I didn't pass), but that's it. I probably passed CA Surveying so I won't be touching that and there is a slight possibility I passed the 8-hour so I might wait for the results before I study for that. But I really do need to get back on the Seismic.

I wouldnt waste my time studying yet. Even if I didnt pass I feel like I was well prepared for the test. I would brush up on the stuff I feel like I missed and review the stuff I felt good about. The few extra weeks I would gain by studying while waiting for results would just be added stress I dont need.

Screw studying and enjoy your Christmas.

I'm not cracking open Lindeburg nor dropping another 300 for the PE exam until I get my results.

I started going thru the Survey book since that's what I found toughest for the California exam.. :holyness: that I did alright on the Seismic Principles since that's where I felt most conficent getting out.

I wouldnt waste my time studying yet. Even if I didnt pass I feel like I was well prepared for the test. I would brush up on the stuff I feel like I missed and review the stuff I felt good about. The few extra weeks I would gain by studying while waiting for results would just be added stress I dont need.

Screw studying and enjoy your Christmas.
+1, the exam was pretty much a crapshoot. I studied for everything and the stuff I spent the most time wasn't even on there. I still think I did fine.

You are not the one, who planned to start to study few weeks after exam. I had the same plans after my first try in Oct.2009. I had not not open anything till got my failed result. But based on my result, I decided to skip April and studied since February to October. Fill much better in preparation, but planned to start study economics in December (I am very week in this area). Instead, haven't touch the books. I will wait, relax and enjoy my free time with no study. I have done good in past year of study. One day it will pay off. :mail-296:

You are not the one, who planned to start to study few weeks after exam. I had the same plans after my first try in Oct.2009. I had not not open anything till got my failed result. But based on my result, I decided to skip April and studied since February to October. Fill much better in preparation, but planned to start study economics in December (I am very week in this area). Instead, haven't touch the books. I will wait, relax and enjoy my free time with no study. I have done good in past year of study. One day it will pay off. :mail-296:
Don't know how TN is about skipping exam dates but in TX you miss an exam date after you have been approved that's a lost chance.

has anyone registered for the April 11 exam that took the Oct 10 exam?

I won't be able to afford to do it again, would have to wait until next fall and then, only maybe

Studying wo results would be to admit defeat to the Universe. The Secret taught me to only put out positive vibes to the cosmos and activate my own reality.

Right now, I'm tied up with final exams for my graduate classes. And what sucks is that I don't qualify for vacation yet to take days off from work to study.

Maybe after this week, I'll start studying again for the PE, just in case. I already ordered the Chelapati book, and I might give the Power exam a shot for my next try.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were 2 in my company who took the Oct. 2010 exam (I was one of them). Unfortunately, we both have to wait until next October before we get a chance to take it again.

Yay for oddball disciplines!

+1 Mining / Mineral Processing

+1 Imaginary

Studying wo results would be to admit defeat to the Universe. The Secret taught me to only put out positive vibes to the cosmos and activate my own reality.

and to drink the kool-aid too I bet

There were 2 in my company who took the Oct. 2010 exam (I was one of them). Unfortunately, we both have to wait until next October before we get a chance to take it again.
Yay for oddball disciplines!

+1 Mining / Mineral Processing

+1 Imaginary
I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Back