Take home exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbinla

Reaction score
I completed the take home exam and returned it with my PE exam application. My exam application was accepted and I took the exam this past October.

How do you know if you passed the take home exam? Do they send a pass/fail notice? I never received anything regarding the take home exam.

Thanks

What state are you in?

In Texas, we have a mail-in test for the Rules. It can be done online (print your results) or your answers mailed in. If you pass, you're approved to take the exam. I suspect that's all that was necessary in your case.

I did the Texas quiz online. It said I got 100%, I printed out the form and included it with my packet. Simple enough...

What state are you in?

In Texas, we have a mail-in test for the Rules. It can be done online (print your results) or your answers mailed in. If you pass, you're approved to take the exam. I suspect that's all that was necessary in your case.

I did the Texas quiz online. It said I got 100%, I printed out the form and included it with my packet. Simple enough...

[/quotes

Is this a PE take home e am? How is this possible?

It's part of the Texas PE Application process. The Texas Board has a PDF with all of their rules and by-laws and such, and you take a quiz (not really an exam, it's like 25 questions or so) based on their rules. Basically, it asks you "what is appropriate for an engineer to do" type stuff, and checks to see if you read the PE rules. It's open book of course, so you can flip through the rules and answer the questions as you go. It's not hard, just takes a couple hours.

What state are you in?

[/quotes]

Is this a PE take home e am? How is this possible?

[/quotes]

several states add a take home test, usually for state related ethic rules. NJ does it too. Not all states have it.

Back