No Studying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FE maybe, but not the PE. Is that your plan?

I'm pretty sure I would have done equally well on the PE had I not studied.

I think a girl here didn't study much and she passed. But she's currently in a PhD program. I think it helps if you are in school or do techinical work on a daily basis.

I wouldn't recommend it, and unless somebody has actually tried it they can't know for sure.

My experience was that the studying (and by this I mean problem working) was probably overkill for the AM, but insufficient for the harder PM. But I think the fact that I worked all those problems helped the AM seem really easy to me, and probably got me a couple in the PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
not that i know off, theres lot to learn and besides, PE Exams are generally done after years of engineering school.

Had I been able to take the PE immediately after my senior year, then a big MAYBE.

other than that, once out of school for many years, better crack the books

There are 2 guys in my office that passed the April 2010 exam, and both said they studied 10 hours or less. One guy took the Construction exam, and had been a PM for a GC since school, until coming to work here (a geotech/materials testing firm) a year ago. The other guy got his Mech Eng degree some 10 years ago, but took the Enviro test cause he's only done that work since school. Both were surprised that they passed.

My fiancee took the Mining exam last October and studied the day before with 2 books and that was all the studying and all the books he brought with him. He knew walking out that he had all of the Underground questions correct and it was just a matter of how much Mineral processing he remembered from school. He passed. =)

On a related note he made it through college without studying and so this was typical for him.

HiHas anyone ever heard of anyone passing the exam with no studying?

just curious
There was a guy in Florida who apparently passed without studying and got 80/80, but we do not speak his name here.

He's even smart enough to model stormwater, if you can believe that!
I don't believe it.

a person of that caliber would not lower themselves to post on this board... a person like that would have their own, much awesomer website.

And it would have illustrious posters from all over the world, such as Phook Taurd.

Back