Results 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jr33jr

Reaction score
Whats funny to me that in this day and age it takes 15 weeks to process scores....analysis of results, weighting its all very funny to me.

How about you have to get 70% on the exam. period

Additionally, if someone clearly passed, 80% or higher, why not let the person know and then let the admin and red tape catch up...OR is someone clearly failed, lower than 50%, let them know so they can begin to study again.

What's funny to me is that the only time you will ever care about how long it takes to get results is when you are waiting for the results. Once you get them, you will probably never think about it again. :p

What's funny to me is that the only time you will ever care about how long it takes to get results is when you are waiting for the results. Once you get them, you will probably never think about it again. :p

Good point. I can't even remember waiting for my FE results.

Whats funny to me that in this day and age it takes 15 weeks to process scores....analysis of results, weighting its all very funny to me.

Additionally, if someone clearly passed, 80% or higher, why not let the person know and then let the admin and red tape catch up...OR is someone clearly failed, lower than 50%, let them know so they can begin to study again.
I used to say exactly that. ^^ Look in threads for 2006 and 2007 and you'll see.

Now, I say exactly that. ^^ Look in threads from 2009 and 2010 and you'll see.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

What's funny to me is your apparent disdain for grammar and punctuation. Enjoy your wait. We all did it, now it's your turn.

What's funny to me is your apparent disdain for grammar and punctuation. Enjoy your wait. We all did it, now it's your turn.
I passed years ago when the exam was actually hard.

I passed years ago when the exam was actually hard.
Get out your rulers cause the measuring contest has just begun!

SapperPE said:
Okay, here we go, about how it was harder when I took it than it was when you took it, so clearly I am the smarter of the two.
First of all, if you didn't take it both when you took it and when I took it (or when anybody else took it for that matter), you have no way of knowing which one was harder and neither do I or anybody else. However, we can safely say that NCEES would know whether it was harder or not and they spend 8-12 weeks trying to figure out the most fair way to adjust the scoring so that it in fact was not harder than anybody else's experience, so shut up and stop trying to inflate your self worth, and if you passed years ago, what the hell are you doing on this board if you aren't going to provide constructive advice and mentorship to those who are still taking the test or preparing for it.

Get over yourself, jackass.
Talk about anger issues.

I was merely pointing out that the process is painfully slow considering the technology of today. Thats all. And the idea of weighting questions during scoring is sort of like the "everyone gets a trophy" concept.

Its not a big deal

Now go back to your potato chips.

Talk about anger issues.
I was merely pointing out that the process is painfully slow considering the technology of today. Thats all. And the idea of weighting questions during scoring is sort of like the "everyone gets a trophy" concept.

Its not a big deal

OK. I am going to be polite here. Here is the deal. You SHUOLD NOT expect to show up anywhere with that kind of arrogant attitude and expect a red carpet or some kind of patronizing. It is not going to happen, unless you are really an arrogant individual and enjoy that kind of attention.

Talk about anger issues.

Its not a big deal

OK. I am going to be polite here. Here is the deal. You SHUOLD NOT expect to show up anywhere with that kind of arrogant attitude and expect a red carpet or some kind of patronizing. It is not going to happen, unless you are really an arrogant individual and enjoy that kind of attention.
I don't even know what you are talking about. Everyone should really lighten up.

Talk about anger issues.

Its not a big deal

I don't even know what you are talking about. Everyone should really lighten up.
Hee. Hee hee.

SapperPE said:
Okay, first let me say, that your initial post is not the issue here. Some people on this board have the opinion that the results take as long as they do for good reason, and some of them have actually done some calculations on their own to determine that quite honestly, 8-12 weeks is pretty much an acceptable time frame. When I responded, I was not calling you out on the initial post. I personally agree that there is probably a faster method, but then again, I'm not NCEES.
My point (anger issue as you say) is that you use that old fashioned 5th grade response to other people posting that it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of life how long it takes to get the results. Their point is that most people will not care about the wait time years from now and it is such a small price to pay for a lifelong rewarding career. When people posted this concept, you don't reply with a characteristic response of a professional, i.e., "you know, you're right, whatever, it is what it is," instead you reply with, "oh, you have no idea how great I am and how important my comment is because I actually passed this very exam years and years ago when it was virtually impossible for any of you current exam candidates to pass it with your puny brains, and you should respect my perspective on the exam results taking so long because clearly, I only care because I am a great engineer mind and think about these things for the greater good of all engineering society years after I conquered the hardest exam administration."

Now that's funny.

Such thin skin here or maybe defense mechanisms.

The reality is that the PE was never hard and will never be hard as long as it is an open book exam.

If you can't see how arrogant and ridiculous your comments are, then you will have a hard time being accepted on this site, and quite possibly in your real life office environment.

Now that's funny.

Such thin skin here or maybe defense mechanisms.

The reality is that the PE was never hard and will never be hard as long as it is an open book exam.

If you can't see how arrogant and ridiculous your comments are, then you will have a hard time being accepted on this site, and quite possibly in your real life office environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah!!!

I know who he is and is not GT_ME. Is a bad imitation though.

Just out of curiosity...What in the Blue Sky he is talking about? In 1981, when I I went to engineering school, the PE Tests was already an open book test. Or he does not have a clue what he is saying or he took the test when they still used abacus.

Nah!!!I know who he is and is not GT_ME. Is a bad imitation though.

Just out of curiosity...What in the Blue Sky he is talking about? In 1981, when I I went to engineering school, the PE Tests was already an open book test. Or he does not have a clue what he is saying or he took the test when they still used abacus.
i was 1 yr old in 1981.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back