VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJs

Reaction score
I am expecting the result would be out for New Year. Hope the new year will bring good result to all.

NCEES does not release results on its webste for Virginia.

As discussed in another thread, the status in NCEES account is NCEES doen not release results for Virginia. From past records, it appears Virginia takes some time (2-3 weeks) even after NCEES sends the results to the board. Should be between Begining to Mid of January.

Last edited by a moderator:
As discussed in another thread, the status in NCEES account is NCEES doen not release results for Virginia. From past records, it appears Virginia takes some time (2-3 weeks) even after NCEES sends the results to the board. Should be between Begining to Mid of January.
Virgina does not have an evaluation board to review the results, the results come in from PCS on a CD and are posted online for those fortunate enough to pass (usually within a day) by one lady who is actually very nice and tries hard to get them up as soon as she can in Richmond and then mailed out along with the diagnositcs for those that did not pass.

The problem lies with PCS which takes and additional 3-4 weeks to disseminate the results they get from NCEES to their client states (I think it's about 10 or 11).

First week of January +/- a few days; make absolutley sure that your take home rules and regs is on file or your results will be delayed at least a week.

SapperPE said:
It changes slightly every year, but I got my FE OCT 2000 results in early JAN 2001, I got my PE OCT 2006 results early JAN 2007 and I expect to get my FS OCT 2010 results early JAN 2011.
Interesting! I got my FE Oct. 2000 results in early Jan. 2001 too. I am thinking of taking FS. How was the FS? How much time you need to prepare for it? Thanks a lot.

SapperPE said:
Well, to be fair, I don't think I studied enough for the FS. I was taking 2 graduate courses (got A's in both, btw, so at least that is some consolation if I failed the FS), and on top of that I changed jobs from the State side to private side and am working tons more hours, so my hopes are not high that I passed the FS.
That being said, I put in perhaps 3 honest weeks worth of studying for the FS. This "honest" effort included working problems for 1-2 hours every night after doing grad school work and putting my son to bed. I think that I probably did fine on most of the math portions, but I don't think I did well on the legal aspects part. That is something that I would highly recommend you take a course for or at least buy a decent book. I didn't do either and I knew that was a mistake during the exam.
Thanks for your honest reply. Really appreciate your advice. Three weeks study for FS seems not enough.

After long working hours and putting my son to bed, I really had not much time and energy left for the PE exam study.

Anyhow, hoping for the best. Don't know I need to repeat the PE exam or take FS in April.

I don't do any survey job but work with survey group often. Thus, taking FS might be helpful.

I am expecting the result would be out for New Year. Hope the new year will bring good result to all.

Last year I got my letter towards the end of January, but names were posted on the VA boards website a few days earlier. I wouldn't expect anything until at least the 2nd week of January. Also, for the past two times, names were posted on the website on Monday, so I'm guessing it will be either the 10th or 17th.

Following is from NCEES website/Virginia Exam Registration page

"When results have been released (typically 8-10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send you an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through My NCEES account."

Does this mean the result will be available in NCEES account and don't have to wait the letter from DPOR anymore to know the result??

Seems like a Change!!

Following is from NCEES website/Virginia Exam Registration page"When results have been released (typically 8-10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send you an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through My NCEES account."

Does this mean the result will be available in NCEES account and don't have to wait the letter from DPOR anymore to know the result??

Seems like a Change!!
That is news to me...my understanding was you could always find out first by the DPOR website, then you got the letter. I mean I know your registration with VA is eventually reported back to NCEES in order to help with interstate reciprocity but beyond that I figured it went from God to NCEES to PCS to DPOR then they got back to NCEES later.

It seems like we will find out this year through NCEES website. I'm so glad we are finding out in the same time as everybody else, it seems more fair this way. Good luck to you all .....!!!!! :waitwall: :p10940623:

Last edited by a moderator:
VA is usually late to send the results out as compared to other state. There is no sign that other states either have released the result.

SapperPE said:
You are correct, I don't think 3 weeks was adequate. However, I feel that it should be if all other distractors are low. That isn't reality for most people, but if someone had the good fortune of not having a demanding work schedule, and little in the way of home life constraints, I would think a motivated, efficient person could pass with only a few weeks. Unfortunately, most of us are either constrained by competing interests or are not extremely efficient in studying or both. I personally fall into the "both" category.

You are a PE but taking FS. I passed PE and EIT in 2000.

I guess you are allowed to take FS without futher qualifications because you have passed PE and EIT. Am I right?

Would you please tell us why you want to take FS?

SapperPE said:
Wow, that is correct, it does now say that. However, I am led to believe that NCEES will not send that email until after Virginia has given them the green light. I know that NCEES released the fundamentals of surveying results to Virginia already, I believe on the 16th of December. Virginia has not yet added any new LS's, and my DPOR online license services don't indicate an LSIT registration yet, it shows PE and EIT. So, I am guessing that Virginia has the results for at least the surveying exams, but they have not said to NCEES that they can post the diagnostics / results yet, because when I go to my NCEES, it still shows "Results / Diagnostics not yet available".
Anyway, it is what it is, still good news that Virginia will allow NCEES to release the results, just hopefully it speeds the process up some.

Just to add something to this point, I check some of the other states results info. i find it interesting that some states, like Louisiana for example, have the following text:

"When results have been released to the Louisiana board (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

Key word here is "validated". It does not say that VA results will have to be validated before and email from NCEES is sent.

We could get results tomorrow! :multiplespotting:

Back