CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xavier PE

Reaction score
Getting the thread started as we settle in for our 12 to 13 doh! 15 week wait to have our scantrons scored.

Good luck all.

It wont be 15 weeks, I'm pretty certain of it. The refile date is Jan 21st I think and you can't refile without getting your failure notice and paperwork in the mail from the board. I'm guessing sometime around new years.

It wont be 15 weeks, I'm pretty certain of it. The refile date is Jan 21st I think and you can't refile without getting your failure notice and paperwork in the mail from the board. I'm guessing sometime around new years.
A colleague of mine took the test in April 2010 and they told him 13 weeks for the results... He got his results exactly 13 weeks later. My guess is the extra 2 weeks they're giving this time accounts for the holiday season when probably no work will get done. The refile deadline for repeat test takers is after the deadline for first time takers. I'm not anticipating on hearing any sooner than 15 weeks.

A colleague of mine took the test in April 2010 and they told him 13 weeks for the results... He got his results exactly 13 weeks later. My guess is the extra 2 weeks they're giving this time accounts for the holiday season when probably no work will get done. The refile deadline for repeat test takers is after the deadline for first time takers. I'm not anticipating on hearing any sooner than 15 weeks.

You are correct that it's for repeat takers, but 15 weeks from October 29th would still put it way past the refile deadline. I'd imagine that CA would want as many people to retake the test as possible, since that ultimately means more money for a retake and also another 6 months worth of dues if the applicant passes the second time around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isn't there a holiday season every year?? :confused:

No holiday season after the April exam, but the results for many states did come around the 4th of July.. The holidays referred to above are Christmas I'm bettin'..

No holiday season after the April exam, but the results for many states did come around the 4th of July.. The holidays referred to above are Christmas I'm bettin'..

Understood. My point was that I doubt the mysterious jump from 13 weeks to 15 weeks is due to the 2010 holidays. There have always been holidays after every October exam and I don't believe two weeks has ever been tacked on before.

Understood. My point was that I doubt the mysterious jump from 13 weeks to 15 weeks is due to the 2010 holidays. There have always been holidays after every October exam and I don't believe two weeks has ever been tacked on before.
Maybe it's due to the new NCEES procedure?

I am not expecting anything until Febuary or March.

Then again, I took the CA structural exam. I think we always come in last.

I think the additional 2 weeks is in direct response to the uproar from the April exam once the 12 weeks passed. Nobody will complain if the results are released in 13 weeks when 15 weeks was announced.

Not eager this time...that test was absurd. This is my second attempt. On my first try, I thought I did well enough to pass, this time I know I'll be forking over another $275 come October. The electrical exam was nothing like the preparation materials, or the last exam.

Maybe it's due to the new NCEES procedure?
Oh, you mean the NCEES procedure that as supposed to speed up the grading? LMAO.

That's ridiiculous it takes that long in CA. Here in FLorida it takes about 53 days to get the results.

I try to log in the NCEES account this morning but they keep asking me to update my profile and education background. Anyway I exit the page try to log in again and they show the result for Oct 2010 exam is still underprocess....so is anyone can also log in today and get the same information?

They also said the April 2011 exam is start from Feb 2011, and the website is open in the end of Nov.2010.

That's ridiiculous it takes that long in CA. Here in FLorida it takes about 53 days to get the results.
Right! Here in Illinois, it was 7 weeks for the April 2010 exam.

I feel bad for the CA test takers, waiting almost double the amount of time of other test takes has got to be hell.

I try to log in the NCEES account this morning but they keep asking me to update my profile and education background. Anyway I exit the page try to log in again and they show the result for Oct 2010 exam is still underprocess....so is anyone can also log in today and get the same information?
They also said the April 2011 exam is start from Feb 2011, and the website is open in the end of Nov.2010.

Yes mine says "Exam results/diagnostics not yet available" which is typical we've not waited near long enough yet.

I received the review course package on wednesday (12/1/2010) and I have a feeling that the result might coming to us sooner than we expect. Last time I received the thing and the rersult comes about 3 weeks after.

I received the review course package on wednesday (12/1/2010) and I have a feeling that the result might coming to us sooner than we expect. Last time I received the thing and the rersult comes about 3 weeks after.
NCEES website say results will be sent to CA PE board within 6 to 10 weeks. I seriously doubt we'll have our results until 30 days after the board get the results from NCEES. Probably toward the end of January/start of February.

NCEES website say results will be sent to CA PE board within 6 to 10 weeks. I seriously doubt we'll have our results until 30 days after the board get the results from NCEES. Probably toward the end of January/start of February.
CA board Spring 2011 exam final postmark date is 1/21/2011 (For refile) ; and 12/17/2010 (For new application)

NCEES Spring 2011 exam register deadline is 2/18/2011.

Does anyone have any thought?

Back