The Walking Dead

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I watched the first two episodes "on demand" last night, pretty cool show, I do typically prefer zombie movies to have a little more of the Mirana whatserface from resident evil,,, but so far the show may have me hooked (since weeds, dexter, and SOA have really sucked this year!)

I have been religiously reading The Walking Dead comic book since it started and I must say the show really nails the feel of the comic. The plot is a little different but I cant really complain. And yes, I do actually read comic books.

And personally I have really liked SOA this season.

its on AMC

SOA has gotten better the last 2 weeks, but the first part of the season I thought was god awful

I like that the walking dead is supposed to be in Atlanta (although none of the pics of the city look anything like Atlanta)

its on AMC
SOA has gotten better the last 2 weeks, but the first part of the season I thought was god awful

I like that the walking dead is supposed to be in Atlanta (although none of the pics of the city look anything like Atlanta)
The last couple episodes of SOA have gotten really good (since they got to Ireland). And WTF is up with the Dr.'s boss having biker tats? Crazy stuff.

In the comic the small town that the cop is from is Cynthiana, Kentucky which is the hometown of the writer, Robert Kirkman. I was wondering where they shot the scenes in the city. I didnt think it was Atlanta.

the only building i recognized as an actual atlanta building is the Norfolk Southern Building, because it had two seperate building attached by a bridge/section (when the guy was riding his horse through town)

125-spring-st-sw.jpg

the only building i recognized as an actual atlanta building is the Norfolk Southern Building, because it had two seperate building attached by a bridge/section (when the guy was riding his horse through town)
125-spring-st-sw.jpg
My cousin works in that building.

I watched the first episode on Hulu and I like it. The starting point has been done before (resident eveil 2, 28 days later,etc..) But i like any post apocalypse (sp?) movie and almost any zombie movie (28 days later included). Something ive never figured out about brain dead, starving zombies though: if they are that hungry why dont they just eat each other? Wouldnt the problem take care of itself after a while?

Zombies have some morals. They can't just start eating their own kind. Or maybe its a flavor thing? They only like fresh meat.

I watched the first two episodes last night (one week tape delay out here). I liked it!

Although, if I had been trapped inside the tank, I would have tried to start it up and drive it out, crushing as many zombies as possible, and perhaps figuring out how to fire the machine guns from inside.

I cant figure out since there are all these tanks, helo's, and such laying around, why are there not an abundance of M-16's laying on the ground? Especially since this is filmed in the south, they just need to go to the local wal mart and steal as many guns and ammo as they need? OF course that would kill some of the story line..

I think the zombies that attacked the campground at the end were brought up by merle in the truck, but thats just my opinion...

only 2 more episodes.. hope they bring it back next year with 12 or 14!

Thats my beef too! surely not all of those humvees are out of gas either and why should they have to worry about food at all. im sure there are plenty of walmarts around with plenty of cheetoes and can goods!

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be plenty of gas in all the stranded cars. Someone just needs to grow a pair and siffon some out. I mean, who hasn't gulped a little gas in their life time...

For every zombie created and/or person killed thats one less person scavenging for food, gas and ammo.

Heres a very good article I read a while back about why a zombie apocolypse would fail:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-sci...il-quickly.html

Heres what I never understood about zombies. Humans are zombies food source. Yet humans are also the way zombies reproduce. So as a "species" zombies have to decided between eating or reproducing. How long can a species like that survive? Of course if zombies are already dead, why do they eat? Can they starve?

& they (zombie movies) never seem to span the winter? I wonder if they can outlast the cold?

Back