New study material from the NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus808

Reaction score
Guys, check out the NCEES website. They posted new study material. They have separate books for each discipline, 40 morning questions and 40 afternoon questions. Wow, I wish I had these materials for the October Exam. Anyone taking the April Exam should highly consider buying all books to get a good feel for what to expect on the exam.

Guys, check out the NCEES website. They posted new study material. They have separate books for each discipline, 40 morning questions and 40 afternoon questions. Wow, I wish I had these materials for the October Exam. Anyone taking the April Exam should highly consider buying all books to get a good feel for what to expect on the exam.

Wonder if its the same questions from the 2008 book split into three separate books. It says on the website that the AM portions of each book are exactly the same...

personally, I liked having each dicipline in the afternoon section of the 2008 NCEES book. I worked both the morning and afternoon questions for all civil diciplines and I think that helped out for the AM civil.

On the other hand, it would have been nice to have 40 qestions for the structural depth module. However, I also bought the SE1 manual from NCEES and worked those problems to help supplement my structural PM studies.

Any April exam takers, I would definately suggest working any and every problem NCEES provides that you can get your hand on. They are the closest in difficulty of any practice books I found to the actual exam.

Wonder if its the same questions from the 2008 book split into three separate books. It says on the website that the AM portions of each book are exactly the same...
I just called the NCEES, they tell me all they did was change the cover and split the 2008 exam book into three volumes. "Minimal changes" were made to content.

I think they just took the 2008 and split it into two books to make more $. The AM stuff is all the same regardless of discipline according to the site.

personally, I liked having each dicipline in the afternoon section of the 2008 NCEES book. I worked both the morning and afternoon questions for all civil diciplines and I think that helped out for the AM civil.
On the other hand, it would have been nice to have 40 qestions for the structural depth module. However, I also bought the SE1 manual from NCEES and worked those problems to help supplement my structural PM studies.

Any April exam takers, I would definately suggest working any and every problem NCEES provides that you can get your hand on. They are the closest in difficulty of any practice books I found to the actual exam.
I second that, the NCEES practice questions were by far the closest to the actual exam. I took the OCT 2010 exam, still waiting on results...

^ agreed. NCEES practice exam was very real-test representative. Much better than "six minute" solutions of terror. Nice to see they came out with more material! Hopefully I won't have to worry about using it...

Does anyone has used material for sale? I plan on taking the PE Electrical (Power) exams in October 2011. Please let me know the prices(s) if you have any book you want to sell.

Thanks

Does anyone has used material for sale? I plan on taking the PE Electrical (Power) exams in October 2011. Please let me know the prices(s) if you have any book you want to sell.Thanks
I have an extra NCEES sample exam questions booklet (EE Power) for sale. Got an extra one when I enrolled in the GA Tech review course. It's basically brand new and untouched. Let me know if anyone is interested :)

Honestly I like the new exam material...the solutions at the end of the book actually give the references where the formulas/answers are from. So far they have been a few different references than NCEES recommends for Construction Management. I just wish they had different AM questions for each Civil module..because I would have bought at least 3 of the tests.

C

Back