What Color was the Pencil?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White with green lettering and a green rubber grip section, for me. We were instructed not to discuss the color of the eraser though.

We did not get to keep it. :( $300 for an exam and all I got was free earplugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
White with green lettering and a green rubber grip section, for me. We were instructed not to discuss the color of the eraser though.
they gave you ear plugs????

wow, they didn't give us ear plugs when I took the exam a few years back. I feel cheated.

wow, they didn't give us ear plugs when I took the exam a few years back. I feel cheated.
i know i was thinking the same thing

Yeah, I took it in Fort Worth, and apparently they were expecting cowboys on horses to come riding through the convention center or something. Plus there were areas of the building under construction. I heard less than 5 minutes of construction noise during the morning session, and none during the afternoon. I didn't use the earplugs, and I didn't see anyone around me that used them either. But at least we had them. And we had padded chairs... which was nice. But I can't reveal the color of the padding either.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I just posted that and then saw this!! haha ..yea no earplugs for us either!

i know i was thinking the same thing

White pencil with green grip and lettering. It was even dated "October 2010." No earplugs.

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
told you guys it would be Green.
I got the red one. I knew I shoulda held out until it was time for the green one.
almost worth taking the test again. I swear, that's what Kevo is up to.
You jest, but depending on what state I end up in on a permanent basis, I may take the civil exam if it is beneficial to the career.

What is the reason that only NCEES mechanical pencils are used on the exams? I got a blue one from FE in Oct. 2006 and a green one from PE Oct. 2010. Really hoping I don't have to acquire any more.

I've never heard of them giving out earplugs... Do they say NCEES on them? I'm surprised they let us bring in our own earplugs if they have those.

What is the reason that only NCEES mechanical pencils are used on the exams? I got a blue one from FE in Oct. 2006 and a green one from PE Oct. 2010. Really hoping I don't have to acquire any more.
I've never heard of them giving out earplugs... Do they say NCEES on them? I'm surprised they let us bring in our own earplugs if they have those.
THere are pen/pencil looking scanners out there. it avoids test theft

I kept mine too...it was BLACK. I knew on that FORTH attempt it would be my last, so I wanted the souvenier.

Back