Board is (Somewhat) Open

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
The board is opened with limited forums at this time.

Right now in order to be able to manage everything only this forum, and the "Shoot the breeze" forums are open for posting!

Remember those of you that took the exam signed an agreement with NCEES not to discuss the exam content in any way, shape, or form.

Please keep that in mind as you come back! & NCEES can subpeana anything here..........

And we have a good relationship with NCEES staff who will be here monitoring the board the next weeks or so...

With all that said, take a deep breath now that the exam is over and try not to worry about the cut score (which is 54 by the way ;) )

I took the test and have a good feeling, which is all I'm gonna say about it.

Obviously in 10-12 weeks I will know if my feeling was correct :)

Can you explain that cut score? You mean 54 out of the 80 questions correct? Or 54 % of the 80 questions (would be 43.2.... this really seems low)? How does that relate to the 70 we often hear?

and how do you know of the "54"? Is that specific to last Friday's test? I know this question has been asked a lot, but never been answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you explain that cut score? You mean 54 out of the 80 questions correct? Or 54 % of the 80 questions (would be 43.2.... this really seems low)? How does that relate to the 70 we often hear?
and how do you know of the "54"? Is that specific to last Friday's test? I know this question has been asked a lot, but never been answered.
Oh No!!!! And here we go!!!!!!!

(Where is the pic with the guy saying...Oh Geez. Not this Shoot Again!!!)?

Apparently you didnt see the extra helping of sarcasm dripping off his "54" statement!!!!

I took the PE Electrical Power exam and I guess I have a good feeling about it as well.

This is my chance. hope electrical power passing percentage improves this time.

-N

I took the test and have a good feeling, which is all I'm gonna say about it.
Obviously in 10-12 weeks I will know if my feeling was correct :)

I guess my dry humor doesnt come off very well on the internet (**** al gore!)

(Where is the pic with the guy saying...Oh Geez. Not this Shoot Again!!!)?
ask and ye shall receive

AwJeez.jpg

FACT: If you got 80/80 questions right, then you passed.

Otherwise, you'll never know the true cut score. (I say its 56 questions answered properly, and that's my final answer)

the cutscore is 12... but I cannot reveal the complex mathematics that correlate the # of questions you answered correctly to your score.

:p

The cut score it whatever they decide is the best for this year. Economics and the number of first time and repeating candidates is irrelevant. :mf_bounce8:

The truth is that I do not have a clue and I just posting this becuase have not a bleeping thing to do right now.

What do taking the PE exam and going to jail have in common? You now have plenty of time to think about the stupid sh!t you did.

I thought the morning was super easy and I was really mad I had spent so much time studying that instead of my depth section. The afternoon SUCKED. I'm hoping the two will balance out. I feel good overall, but thinking about those handful of questions that I still cant figure out is what stuck in my mind all weekend.

However, when Dark Knight decides to pick a day in which the results will start flowing in........ ya better believe him.

He is right almost always, and when off, its usually by one day.

He's the GURU.

On a side note, NCEES just released updated study material today and for once they did something right. I noticed that they actually split the Civil Modules this time, but with 40 questions in the morning which is the same for all sections and 40 depth problems for each section.

Too bad they didn't have it ready for October 2010 exam :( , because the 2008 one kinda sucked. I wonder if Lindeburg is going to update his book too. He seriously needs to.

I feel that I passed this time and hopefully I won't have to take it the third time.

What do taking the PE exam and going to jail have in common? You now have plenty of time to think about the stupid sh!t you did.
I thought the morning was super easy and I was really mad I had spent so much time studying that instead of my depth section. The afternoon SUCKED. I'm hoping the two will balance out. I feel good overall, but thinking about those handful of questions that I still cant figure out is what stuck in my mind all weekend.
This was my experience precisely. You probably passed, because I did, although I didn't think I would.

However, when Dark Knight decides to pick a day in which the results will start flowing in........ ya better believe him.

He is right almost always, and when off, its usually by one day.

He's the GURU.
I was. Now I am retired. Just for fun, and to see what happens, the results will start coming out on December 15th, +/- two days...

:bio:

Eddierizzle,
Isn't that how the test has been for some time now?
Yes, but the 2008 Civil NCEES study material only gave you 20 morning questions and 20 afternoon questions in your depth. I'm saying that the new study material is actually an improvement from what they gave you in the past. Makes it feel like more of a mock exam.

Back