Do they provide Pencil & Eraser?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abourne

Reaction score
I do all my studying work in black pen, red pen for important stuff and formula references, and a highlighter.

I'm not a pencil person.

I heard they provide a mechanical pencil in the exam.

Is this correct?

I do all my studying work in black pen, red pen for important stuff and formula references, and a highlighter.
I'm not a pencil person.

I heard they provide a mechanical pencil in the exam.

Is this correct?
Didn't you take the EIT exam? It's the same situation: you can only use their pencil and eraser (on the pencil). You get to keep the pencil as a souvenir!

Didn't you take the EIT exam? It's the same situation: you can only use their pencil and eraser (on the pencil). You get to keep the pencil as a souvenir!
I passed the EIT exam in the early 1990's, 1992 or 1993.

Back then, everyone took the same test, both morning and afternoon, no specialties.

I took the PE a couple of times, 1994 or 1995 I think, can't remember.

It was different then.

The afternoon session was not multiple choice, you had to show all your work.

The afternoon session didn't have specialties to choose from (i.e. for ME's, HVAC, Machine Design, or Thermo-Power-Fluids).

The afternoon had ten problems and we had to pick four, one hour per problem.

they (one from FE one from PE) are actually my favorite working pencils. I use them all the time here at work.

I paid alot of $$ for those pencils. I will keep them forever. :D
Yea, at the time I wasn't going to argue. My brain was fried and I just wanted to get out of there. I would have liked to have kept it. I still have my FE pencil, although a co-worker hijacked it for a while and broke the clip off it. I wasn't pleased about that. :(

DO they have lead refills available or do we need to bring them?
they will just give you another pencil. geeze how much lead do you think you will use, do you press so hard you break the lead often?

if that's the case ask for a second pencil before it starts

Could someone post a link to a similar type of mechanical pencil or what size lead the exam pencils were? I really loathe using mechanical pencils but I figure I should use those while I am studying to get used to them again.

Back