General Exam Question for those who have taken it

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucknasty13

Reaction score
In the breadth portion of the exam, are the different disciplines seperated? For example do you have 8 transportation, then 8 construction, etc. Or are all of the problems mixed up?

In the breadth portion of the exam, are the different disciplines seperated? For example do you have 8 transportation, then 8 construction, etc. Or are all of the problems mixed up?

I think they were grouped, but that doesn't mean they will be.

I don't remember them being grouped much in the morning, maybe in twos. The test was a booklet with two problems to a page. I just remember bouncing around alot when I focused on a particular subject.

:waitwall:

For wht it is worth:

I do not know about Oct 2010, but in April 2010 the morning session was in this order construction, geotech, structural, transportation, and finally Water Resources & Environment. Eight questions in each module.

I believe it was that way in Oct 2009, because I did poorly in the last two modules Trans & WR&E, when I ran out of time. Definitely a poor strategy that time. I was methodically slow and failed that time.

I believe you should read or at least all the questions before first to find the ones that are easier for you.

For wht it is worth:I do not know about Oct 2010, but in April 2010 the morning session was in this order construction, geotech, structural, transportation, and finally Water Resources & Environment. Eight questions in each module.

I believe it was that way in Oct 2009, because I did poorly in the last two modules Trans & WR&E, when I ran out of time. Definitely a poor strategy that time. I was methodically slow and failed that time.

I believe you should read or at least all the questions before first to find the ones that are easier for you.
Oct 2010 was somewhat grouped. I remember Construction near the beginning and Water Resources at the end. But you have to remember that sometimes they overlap. A lot of "Construction" questions can fall into structures or geotech as well...

For wht it is worth:I do not know about Oct 2010, but in April 2010 the morning session was in this order construction, geotech, structural, transportation, and finally Water Resources & Environment. Eight questions in each module.

Oct 2010 was somewhat grouped. I remember Construction near the beginning and Water Resources at the end. But you have to remember that sometimes they overlap. A lot of "Construction" questions can fall into structures or geotech as well...
I thought they were all grouped together.

There was some grouping in the Oct session, more so than the April. But there was a lot that fell in different fields as well, so it may have seemed to be more grouped than it really was.

It varies, as I remember bouncing around a little to get all the transport stuff done at once.

They were grouped but it wasnt 8 this 8 that, it was more like 4 here 4 there but they wern't just all scattered 1 here 1 there.

Back