48 hours to go

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master slacker

Something awesome.
Reaction score
With almost exactly 48 hours to go until the PE is administered, I wish everyone the best of luck. At this point in time, you may feel burned out and think that there is absolutely nothing else you can learn that could possibly help you in the exam. In part, you're right. At this time, I recommend the following two tasks:

1) Organize your materials - tab, lay them on the floor to make sure you have everything, etc...

2) Relax - Let your brain decompress for a day. The stress will decrease. Hell, I spent the day before the exam watching The Big Lebowski and Baseketball. Didn't touch a single book, other than to put it in my box, on that day.

Friday is coming and you can't stop it, so stop stressing about it. Again, best of luck to you all, RELAX at least a little bit, and leave it all on the table. It's just a test.

:thumbs:

With almost exactly 48 hours to go until the PE is administered, I wish everyone the best of luck. At this point in time, you may feel burned out and think that there is absolutely nothing else you can learn that could possibly help you in the exam. In part, you're right. At this time, I recommend the following two tasks:
1) Organize your materials - tab, lay them on the floor to make sure you have everything, etc...

2) Relax - Let your brain decompress for a day. The stress will decrease. Hell, I spent the day before the exam watching The Big Lebowski and Baseketball. Didn't touch a single book, other than to put it in my box, on that day.

Friday is coming and you can't stop it, so stop stressing about it. Again, best of luck to you all, RELAX at least a little bit, and leave it all on the table. It's just a test.

:thumbs:
I plan to walk by the beach on the day before. Just relax before the big 2 days (Friday and Saturday).

I found a gaggle of induction motor problems in the Testmasters paperwork that I hadn't done yet... so I'm doing them while at work today. :) But, the 3 other engineers in my dept are all out this afternoon... hoping it stays quiet.

Taking tomorrow off to drive to test location and check in to hotel early. Then going out to dinner with a friend, and gonna kick back and try to sleep tomorrow evening.

Dare I say... I'm ready. :)

Ran through about 40 Power Cycle problems today, scored a 79%. Feeling good about most items, I am going to burn through as many Plant Engineering, Laws and Ethics, and HVAC problems as I can tonight. Tomorrow is dedicated to getting items together, packing, and traveling. We are getting to the hotel early and then grabbing a relaxing dinner and going to bed early.

I am seriously weak in the chemical area, hoping not a lot of them show up on the morning session.

I took my golf clubs to the hotel with me, and the night before the exam, cleaned my set of clubs.

Got my mind off of it.

They're still clean, cause I don't think I've played enough since to get them dirty. :D

Ran through about 40 Power Cycle problems today, scored a 79%. Feeling good about most items, I am going to burn through as many Plant Engineering, Laws and Ethics, and HVAC problems as I can tonight. Tomorrow is dedicated to getting items together, packing, and traveling. We are getting to the hotel early and then grabbing a relaxing dinner and going to bed early.
I am seriously weak in the chemical area, hoping not a lot of them show up on the morning session.
we? you bringing the whole family?

we? you bringing the whole family?
Wifey and mini-mizzou are coming to the hotel Friday after the test. "We" meant co-workers. We are carpooling to the test site since it is 2 hours away.

I took today off and organized my stuff. I got called into work for a meeting which actually helped me from spending the day getting too nervous. Gonna grab the wife and go have a nice dinner.

Back