Casio fx-115ES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMAO

Reaction score
Using Casio fx-115ES, does anyone know how to display the complex number results in normal format (like 2.344+5.66i) and not in fraction format (like 3/61+5/122i)?

It is really annoying me and I can't figure out how to change the mode.

Thanks

Using Casio fx-115ES, does anyone know how to display the complex number results in normal format (like 2.344+5.66i) and not in fraction format (like 3/61+5/122i)?It is really annoying me and I can't figure out how to change the mode.

Thanks
Did you try pressing the S-D key (just above the red DEL key). I have the 115-MS, which does not have this but I seem to recall using it on somebody's ES

Using Casio fx-115ES, does anyone know how to display the complex number results in normal format (like 2.344+5.66i) and not in fraction format (like 3/61+5/122i)?It is really annoying me and I can't figure out how to change the mode.

Thanks
Did you try pressing the S-D key (just above the red DEL key). I have the 115-MS, which does not have this but I seem to recall using it on somebody's ES
Worked. Thanks.

Also note that if you divide by a complex number, it has to be in parenthesis.

(5-10i)/3i is not the same as (5-10i)/(3i)

Also note that if you divide by a complex number, it has to be in parenthesis.
(5-10i)/3i is not the same as (5-10i)/(3i)

Shift then Setup (next to the power button) then "2" (Line IO). To switch it back to the fancy display, do the same except hit "1" (MthIO)

Shift then Setup (next to the power button) then "2" (Line IO). To switch it back to the fancy display, do the same except hit "1" (MthIO)
That didn't work for me... still wrong... and I don't like that MthIO mode either. lol.

I found that if I use the (dark block) over (light block) key to enter the numerator and then arrow down and enter the denominator, the answer is correct. It's the key right below the Calc button.

Back