Return Dates from Last October's exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
All the Credit for this list goes to Louis, but here are the dates from last years test:

1) TX (Dec 28/05)

2) AZ ( Dec 27/05)

3) AR (Dec 27/05)

4) AL (Dec 28/05)

5) NC (Web site Dec 29/05)

6) FL (Dec 29/05)

7) MS (Dec 29/05)

8) OK (Dec 29/05)

9) VA (Dec 30/05)

10) MI (Dec 30/05)

11) IN (Dec 30/05)

12) TN (Dec 31 05)

13) MN (Dec/31/05)

14) AK (Jan 03/06)

15) NM ( Dec 30/05)

16) WV (Dec/31/05)

17) KY (Dec/30/05)

18) WA (Dec/31/05)

19) SD (Jan 02/06)

20) CO (web site Jan 02/06)

21) MT (web site Jan 02/06)

22) SC (Jan 03/06)

23) DC (Jan 03/06)

24) KS (Jan 04/06)

25) NE (Jan 04/06)

26) GA (Jan 05/06)

27) VT (Jan 05/06)

28) NH (Jan 05/06)

29) LA (Jan 05/06)

30) HI (Jan 05/06)

31) OH (Jan 06/06)

32) DE (Jan 06/06)

33) NV (Jan 06/06)

34) PA (Jan 07/06)

35) WI (Jan 07/06)

36) NY (Jan 09/06)

37) ME (Jan 11/06)

38) IL (Jan 12/06...Web site)

39) OR (Jan 12/06)

40) MD (Jan 13/06)

41) CT (Jan 13/06)

42) IA (Jan 14/06)

43) NJ (Jan 17/06)

44) MA (Jan 17/06)

45) UT (Last week of December)

46) Wyoming (Released the week of Jan 09/ @ Jan 14/06)

47) North Dakota (No time specified)

48) ID (Mailed out December 28/05)

49) Guam (Mailed out Jan 10/06)

50) Rhode Island (Jan 20/06...letters mailed Jan 18/09)

51) Missouri (Jan 23/06)

52) Puerto Rico (Jan 23/06)

53) Virgin Islands - No info

54) Mariana Islands - No info

Excellent post RG, and thanks again to Luis, but I think that this topic is ripe for further investigation. This list was often modeled and compared for the April results and it held up in some instances, but did not in others. Have the reporting practices changed in any of the affiliates? (I didn't say States because of our excellent participation from US protectorates) Do you still have the list that was Stickied for the April Results? I'll bet there are a few anxious and obsessed PE candidates that would dig into that! :read:

Dang, I just flashed back on the excitement when Rleon82 of Florida was the first to receive his results and became an instant celebrity. I think he is still on the book tour with ML. :pencil:

What date was last year's October test given?

Also, just FYI - For the last few tests the Texas board lists people who have passed the test in their online directory of professional engineers 24 hrs before posting the results online.

Eric,

That was not the case in April. The test results were loaded within a couple of hours of the Texas Board receiving them. The roster wasn't updated until a couple of days later.

Texas is extremely efficient in getting the results up quickly.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can probably get very close on your date estimate if there is any consistency at NCEES and your state board (if they handle the results at all).

For April, I ended up estimating the exact day the results came to my state, partially out of luck, but partially out of looking at previous results.

I searched "the other board"'s site to see when results were coming to LA the year before. It was x number of weeks. I counted x number of weeks from this April's exam date, landed on a Monday, then slid the estimate back to the Friday of that week (for a few days of "safety factor"). By George, that's when they started hitting Louisiana- on that Friday.

Give that a try. You'll have to run a search for your state's name, have the search sorted by date, then start reading the threads within the time frame of 2005 when the results started rolling in to see when the made it to your state.

Ed

Hello there,

Texas and and Florida are always among the first states. I went back and searched for other years and they are the constant in the mix. Missouri bounced back from being among the last in the past to the top ten last October.Way to go.

For October 2006 I failed to keep up with the results because I did and do not have the time for that anymore but I have a proposal for RG:

After the first week of December e-mail each Engineering Board in the nation. ID yourself and tell them that you want to provide info about results schedule as a service for your members in this Board. Tell them that they can refer, candidates calling to them, to this site via voice message and/or a post on their web site.

If you need my help let me know. I would make some of the phone calls for you. Actually, I did it in the past, to keep members at "the other board" informed, and the boards are usually very cooperative. They will ask you the purpose and the use you will give to the info. That is normal. Just let them know.

I am at your service, my friend.

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

Eric,That was not the case in April. The test results were loaded within a couple of hours of the Texas Board receiving them. The roster wasn't updated until a couple of days later.

Texas is extremely efficient in getting the results up quickly.

Good Luck.
I didn't know anyone that took it this past April, but the guy who sat next to me at work took it last Oct. had heard this rumor and it wound up being true for him. He ordered his stamp (since he had his number off the directory) before he could see his results. Maybe word got back to them. Either way, Texas is very quick in getting scores turned around.

the results we have from last Aprils exam are posted in the forum just under this one, the "Links/saved threads" forum... I dont think we had all 50 but there is a good many of the states in there

Looks like the results are being sent a little quicker over the couple of years of info that we have. For FL, I am hoping for between the 10th and 20th (December) or better for results.

Look through some pages, they were at least 2 months after everyone else it seemed

What about Cali?
In California, when they say you will get your exam results in 13 weeks.........THEY AREN'T KIDDING. It's pretty close. So for everyone in California, expect to see your results around the middle January 2007.

Is there any reason for them to take such long period of time to finalize the result at all? What kind of efficiency is this? I guess efficiency is not the goal here. But I thought with the help of computer, things are done faster..

Is there any reason for them to take such long period of time to finalize the result at all? What kind of efficiency is this? I guess efficiency is not the goal here. But I thought with the help of computer, things are done faster..
Efficiency is def. not their goal. If you ask them, they'll just blow you off. I know it sucks but just enjoy your holidays and wait. Trust me, you can make yourself crazy.

I definitely think the wait is too long, however...

If you figure 500 examinees per state (200 PEs at 1 of 4 sites in MI) and two scan tron sheets per examinee; 4 scans per minute and you're at 200 man hours to scan the sheets! Not to mention the FE examinees which may be double the PE examinees.

So, a week to get all the documentation together, two weeks to scan (and re-scan), a week of analyis, a week to mail, and a week in the mail. Results should be in my hands within 6 weeks.

Once you figure in vacations and other absences, and other steps in the process that we are unaware of, 8 - 10 weeks sounds about right. I'm not happy about it, but I can understand it.

What they should do is - do mine first! :D Then they can work on the rest of you all :eek:

How did you come up with 200 man hours for 500 examinee with 4 scans per minute?

total minutes=500*2/4=250 minutes

total hours = 250minutes /60 =4.2 hour.

where did the 200 hours come from?

Last edited:
There are two factors that cause the results to take so long. The scantron is done in virtually no time, but then the other processes start. One is the evaluation process, the other is the individual State Boards exerting thier power.

The first process is necessary to ensure the quality of the candidates selected, the test questions must be evaluated to see if any are too hard or too easy and the test must be constantly changed to prevent cheating. The cut score will then be applied to allow a precribed percentage of passing scores - although this is officially denied, the passing rates are nearly constant from year to year. Once the National Council of Engineering Examiners has completed the evaluation process, they send the results to the individual States.

This starts the second, un-necessary delay. The State Boards all rubber stamp (accept without question) the evaluation of NCEES, but some have decided that they still have to pretend like they have some influence on the process and sit on the results for weeks waiting for a monthly meeting or for some old typist to make the certificates up on a rusty old typewriter. This mindset dates back to pre-civil war times when States Rights was a big issue. California has thier own special requirments, I'm not sure if that relates to the seismic activitiy there or simply because they are overcrowded and want people to leave. :eek:ld timer:

I think all these is to be used to justify the ever increasing cost of taking the exam. That is another thing I dont get it, why does it cost so much, you pay the state board and then pay another big fee to the test center. If it is so expensive, then there is a justifiable reason to outsource the exam, twice a year, it might be well worth it. We can get the result within a month if not sooner. Get someone who can do the job within ideal time limit and save money for all to buy Xmas gifts.

Back