advice please

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]i am done with 200 (PM AND AM) GEO questions ane 100 question AM .[/SIZE]

now i have time one more month , what else do you think i must do for exam.?

thanks

[SIZE=12pt]i am done with 200 (PM AND AM) GEO questions ane 100 question AM .[/SIZE]now i have time one more month , what else do you think i must do for exam.?

thanks

Do it all over again. Work on your problem solving speed.

"Do it all over again. Work on your problem solving speed."

I agree.

I would also suggest you look at the Ch 55 (reinforced concrete: footings) questions in the CERM. I would 1, 2, 7,and 8, and look over the others. You probably won't have to design steel reinforcement in the geotech afternoon, but this chapter covers eccentricity and combined footing, etc.I thought it was helpful to me.

I would definitely do all the problems in CERM chapters 35-40, also only 34 questions if you haven't already.

I would make sure you are well practiced in borrow, soil classification and phase questions, they are in both the morning and afternoon. Also it might help with some construction questions, they overlap there.

Also I would with lateral earth pressure with cohesion i.e. Pa=0.5Ka(gama)H^2 - 2(Ka^.5)cH; I don't know if you will see a question, but you never know. And it isn't addressed in the CERM very well, but it is in the Das books.

Also I thought the CERM questions in Ch 79 were a good review for vert/horiz curve questions in the morning.

If you walk out of the exam feeling like you were well prepared and passed, it will better than worring for two months. And when you find out you passed the extra work will have been worth it.

Think positive and don't panic when you run into something new, just breath and think it through.

I hadn't done enough problems or studing my first attempt, and panic and time worked against me.

Good luck.

If you have free time, tab your references. So much of the test is being able to find information quickly.

Back