30 Day Game Plan

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FusionWhite

Epee ~)----- Fencer
Reaction score
So the clock has ticked below 30 days until the October, 2010 PE exam. Its the final home stretch and its time to kick into your finishing gear.

Anyone have a 30 day game plan set up?

My goal was to have all the "major" topics pretty well studied and in the bag (fluids, thermo, heat transfer, mass transfer, kinetics). The next 3 weeks or so I would spend picking up the loose ends (environmental, economics, ethics, materials etc). The last week or so would be spent prepping my materials (tabbing subjects in various books), relaxing (if thats possible the week before the exam) and brushing up on any topics I didnt feel comfortable with.

Unfortunately my plan is a little off kilter. I have a good handle on fluids, thermo and most of mass transfer, but heat transfer is sketchy if I get too far beyond conduction/convection problems and kinetics is rapidly approaching "lost cause" status.

Onward marches the studying!

So the clock has ticked below 30 days until the October, 2010 PE exam. Its the final home stretch and its time to kick into your finishing gear.
Anyone have a 30 day game plan set up?

My goal was to have all the "major" topics pretty well studied and in the bag (fluids, thermo, heat transfer, mass transfer, kinetics). The next 3 weeks or so I would spend picking up the loose ends (environmental, economics, ethics, materials etc). The last week or so would be spent prepping my materials (tabbing subjects in various books), relaxing (if thats possible the week before the exam) and brushing up on any topics I didnt feel comfortable with.

Unfortunately my plan is a little off kilter. I have a good handle on fluids, thermo and most of mass transfer, but heat transfer is sketchy if I get too far beyond conduction/convection problems and kinetics is rapidly approaching "lost cause" status.

Onward marches the studying!
My plan is to review one topic per day in depth, do some homework problems from the text, then do 5 HVAC, 5 TF, and 10 MD problems per day. If I have time I'll do more problems.

At this point, make sure your MERM is completely tabbed in a very organized manner. Then practice locating subjects in it very quickly. Go through hundreds of problems and identify in MERM where the subject matter would be. You don't have to work them all, just practice locating the subject. Believe me, time flies in the exam. You DO NOT want to get caught on a few problems that throw your pace off. It will be all over.

Also spend time going back through past threads on these very subjects. This was crucial for me, and I also wrote a few after completing the test. Learn from what others have done in the past. It could be the difference.

Good luck.

Back