April 2011 PE Takers?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, most are preparing for October, good time to see what is happening and get some info about the test.

The online Civil PE Review Course taught by Dr. Indranil Goswami (20 lectures x 3 hours each, given in the form of live webinars) for the April 2011 PE exam will start January 20 (The exam is April 8, 2011) and end March 31. The class will meet twice a week Tuesday and Thursday 6 pm to 9 m EST. Lecture recordings will be accessible to enrolled students. A copy of the All in One Civil PE Guide: Breadth and Depth by Dr. Goswami will be provided in addition to extensive course notes. A full (8 hour) practice exam will be sent at the end of the course. Early bird discount for those enrolling before December 5, 2010. Dr. Goswami can be contacted via email at [email protected]

I am heading for Aril 2011 Test with Structural depth. I have purchased CERM & All in One by Goswami so far. Do we need to go through each page of CERM? Its a huge book & I 'm afraid to spend lots of time on just this one. Any guidance on how should I start? Any PE test takers from VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia?

I'm also taking the April '11 exam, WR depth. I have just started studying, I'm about 16 chapters into the CERM's 87. I think I will continue in this fashion until the review course starts mid January.

CERM is very comprehensive an covers topics that currently not included in the exam, the NCEES outline provides a great reference for what topics you may expect, this will help direct your studies and not waste time on non-exam topics.

I am trying to get enough nerve to try to take the exam in the spring. I have taken once in October 2009 and failed by the skin of my teeth. Having little kids makes it tough - but I know I need to do this. I am trying to figure out what path to take: online, Testmasters, School of PE???? Unfortunately the closest classes are 2 hours away. I know my husband will watch the kids - but feeling really guilty about it :(

The online Civil PE Review Course taught by Dr. Indranil Goswami (20 lectures x 3 hours each, given in the form of live webinars) for the April 2011 PE exam will start January 20 (The exam is April 8, 2011) and end March 31. The class will meet twice a week Tuesday and Thursday 6 pm to 9 m EST. Lecture recordings will be accessible to enrolled students. A copy of the All in One Civil PE Guide: Breadth and Depth by Dr. Goswami will be provided in addition to extensive course notes. A full (8 hour) practice exam will be sent at the end of the course. Early bird discount for those enrolling before December 5, 2010. Dr. Goswami can be contacted via email at [email protected]
How much is the early bird & normal charge?

How much is the early bird & normal charge?
I am planning to take 2011 April test. I am still shopping good review books especially for AM test. any suggestion?

I am heading for Aril 2011 Test with Structural depth. I have purchased CERM & All in One by Goswami so far. Do we need to go through each page of CERM? Its a huge book & I 'm afraid to spend lots of time on just this one. Any guidance on how should I start? Any PE test takers from VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia?
I took civil-structural this fall. I started out the exact same way as you and fortunately after a week of studying thought 'there is no way all of this could be on the exam!' definately thoroughly look through the AM civil sections in the outline from NCEES and only study those chapters in the CERM. For the afternoon, I went through every structural chapter of the CERM plus many of my own books.

I just went one section at a time in the CERM and did a host of practice problems after each one. Then, I just did solely problems and practice tests for the last 6-8 weeks.

I'll let you know in about 6 weeks if that is the right approach...

The morning you really only need CERM and the outline, then collect as many sample problems as possible. The afternoon NCEES has recommended references for each topic and if you look at their sample exams they also show some references they used to develop the problems.

Good Luck

For anyone who needs to (re)take the exam this site was an immense help and I wouldn't have passed without it. http://www.pereview.net/ I got the streaming video($250) and the practice exams($60). Best money I ever spent. You can print everything out and bring to the exam. The problems were the most representative of exam problems that I saw during my studies. Not sure if I am breaking any rules by posting the site but it will help other engineers with the endevor of passing the PE exam. Good luck to you.

My application process is going well so far. I've finished filling out the forms, described my work experience, written my project statement, and sent my references the form that they need to fill out. I actually received one of my references back today! Now I'm just waiting on my last 4 references. :dancingnaughty:

Oh, and I still have to do the actual studying part... :reading:

Hello everyone,

I'm also new to the board I just found out about it last week searching for construction module study information. I'm definitely glad I found this place. As for the Spring 2011, I have also submitted my app and references so I look forward in sharing study tips and references with everyone here on the board.

So far, from what I have read is that I need to get most of the references from the NCEES specifications, CERM and related practice problems, Goswami All in one book, Rapaski (sp) construction module practice problems, and I will be taking a review coarse from this place that claims they will empower me to pass my exam. I think everyone refers to it as "the other board".

Anyways I'm glad to be here! :40oz:

I am also heading for for Aril 2011 Test with Structural depth. I will take it in Illinois. If there is no problem we can help each other my E-mail ([email protected]). I started already but I think if we work as group that will help to focus more on important points for the exam

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Group, I'll be taking the exam in April as well in NYC. If there's anyone in the area who would like to get together to study once a week or so, let me know. I haven't yet decided on the focus though I'm leaning towards Geotech.

Thanks and good luck on your studies.

Aril 2011 Test with Transportation depth. I've been approved, and I'm just waiting for my registration number from the FL board to register. Any PE test takers from Miami, FL?

Back