boussinesq stress contour chart

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckinjersey

Reaction score
help! I have no idea how to use this chart and I can't figure it out. can anyone provide a reference on how to read these things or any instructions?

I thought I knew, but I get the wrong answer on all the review problems using this chart. I searched online and cannot find a "how to".

help! I have no idea how to use this chart and I can't figure it out. can anyone provide a reference on how to read these things or any instructions?
I thought I knew, but I get the wrong answer on all the review problems using this chart. I searched online and cannot find a "how to".
What chart are you talking about? for Square, Circular, Continuous, Rect. footings.....which one?

What chart are you talking about? for Square, Circular, Continuous, Rect. footings.....which one?
square. the chart has semi circular pressure bulbs and the axis say 0.5B, 1B, 1.5B, 2B, and so on

square. the chart has semi circular pressure bulbs and the axis say 0.5B, 1B, 1.5B, 2B, and so on
Look in the Geotech module for question "Shallow foundations, stress increase"

it discusses boussinesq chart. Check it out and see if that helps, if not post an example of the problem your working and maybe somebody can help answer your questions.

this link might work http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=12935

good luck

Back