Kids of EB - Page 163 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
FLBuff PE

Kids of EB

Good news from the home of refrigerants!   My newly-minted MA- Psychology Daughter has taken a teaching position at Sam Houston State University and my BSME son is finally getting some in-person interviews.  Hopefully he will be on a payroll, other than mine, soon!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

are they both still home?  I still seem to pay even though he's employed.

congrats to both of your kids. Welcome to the working world

congrats Freon!

Just having two of my kids working part time is helpful as they are not always hitting me up for $$$ for the stupid shit teenagers like to spend money on

too funny, when we eat sushi mr snick will mix the wasbi in with the soy sauce.  We had snickette try it last night, she dipped her shrimp and tried it went Yummy and dipped it again.  The girl likes her spice

• Like 2

Our family has adopted @matt267 PE's daughter fungi joke as our new favorite joke. Yesterday though, we came across a possible contender.

Q: What does a nosy pepper do?
A: Gets jalapeno business!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's one of Junior's favorites.  I have to combat it with the Nacho.

37 minutes ago, Supe said:

That's one of Junior's favorites.  I have to combat it with the Nacho.

So it is...nacho favorite joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Minisnick has lost 2 teeth in like the previous 48 hrs along with the SLLLOOWW entrance of his adult teeth his mouth looks like he went a round with mike tyson.  A friend posted a good comment it looks like is tongue is in jail when he smiles.  

After many years & 3 IVF attempts Mrs. Jbone & I are expecting a little one. Finally get to join this thread lol.

Jbone mini expected May 2018!!

• Like 9

Congrats!!!!!!!!  There's a lots of babies in the april/may time frame lately in my part of the world.  and thankfully none of them are me!!!

• Like 1

Thanks! If any of the other attempts had worked I would have been balancing taking care of a new born while studying for the PE. I know others have done it but not 100% sure I would be one of them. Timing worked out great.

My daughter just turned 3 but she's in the Pre-K class (4 year olds) and doing awesome! She can read books and write her entire name. Other kids only write their first name. I'm a proud mama :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, civilrobot said:

My daughter just turned 3 but she's in the Pre-K class (4 year olds) and doing awesome! She can read books and write her entire name. Other kids only write their first name. I'm a proud mama :) 

What? No calculus yet? :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt267 PE said:

What? No calculus yet? :P

Haha! Omg I wish! Maybe should could help me with PE prep! lol

I am so anxious to teach her math but since she's learning how to read, I don't want to overload her. And actually it would be great to get some pointers on teaching the little ones how to do math at an early age! She has a good grasp on numbers and time. I'm going to introduce measurements to her next (through baking of course). 

2 minutes ago, civilrobot said:

I am so anxious to teach her math but since she's learning how to read, I don't want to overload her. And actually it would be great to get some pointers on teaching the little ones how to do math at an early age! She has a good grasp on numbers and time. I'm going to introduce measurements to her next (through baking of course). 

Or you could scare her from math completely and she becomes an art major. :P

• Haha 2
  • fudgey 2

1 hour ago, civilrobot said:

I would say make math part of her everyday conversation. Like help with cooking, telling time, using a calendar, etc. 

For the first week of their 4th term, kids in years 5 & 6 (US grades 4&5) go on a 4-day camping trip. My son did it last year (year 6) and now my daughter got to go this year (year 5). Took her to school on Tuesday with her gear and sent her on her way. She was so excited about going that she's had her gear packed for a week, and wanted to start earlier than that. Everything was going well until her second day when we got a call from her teacher saying something's come up. Nothing to worry about, just that she had her first visit from Aunt Flo...  I couldn't begin to imagine how she was feeling. She tried to stick it out, but a few hours later her teacher called again and said she wanted to come home. Mrs Dex had already started having those "your body is changing" talks with her, so it wasn't completely out of the blue, but they stayed up late last night going through more of that stuff.

Shit. Why to kids have to grow up so fast? I was just looking through some of my older Facebook photos and saw some of her from when she was just a few years old. It's even harder because it's something that I can't really help with.   The joys of parenting.

• Like 1