Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLBuff PE

Multi-disciplinary engineer
Reaction score
So, I started the "Expecting" thread when I joined, as my wife was expecting mini-Buff at the time, and I had some questions. Fast forward 2.5 years, and mini-Buff is now a little kid. I can't believe how fast she grows up/absorbs things. We don't really have a place to brag about our kids, express their achievements, etc. I put forward this thread to unabashedly brag about our kids achievements, whether they be 1 month or 30 years old. For instance, tonight, my daughter smelled something burning in the kitchen, and said "That's stinky. Use some spray!"(meaning the Febreeze) I told her we didn't need to, because it would go away. She asked how, and I told her "it will dissipate; that means it will go away." She immediately repeated the word dissipate to me. I know it's a little thing, but it's a big word, and she knew what it meant. How about your kids?

Good work! You've taught her that the solution to pollution is dilution.

Here's my son just after finishing a tour of the nuclear attack sub, USS Buffalo:

Jimmy%20and%20SSN%20Buffalo.jpg

He just turned 7 a week ago. I'm very proud of him because he's had a lot to overcome. He was diagnosed with an autism disorder when he was 2. He didn't say a word until he was 3, and had all sorts of behavioral problems. He's still a little behind in language and still requires an aide due to the behavioral issues, but he's so far ahead of where he was, and in many ways, he has passed other kids (in terms of his knowledge of certain limited topics like ships, trains, etc.). He's been very happy for the last year, so that's the best thing.

My Inlaws have a pingpong table, hubby and FIL played this weekend while we were there. Minisnick thought it was the funniest thing he ever saw. The instant he heard the ball hit the table he started laughing. He has never laughed as long as he did. He laughed for a solid 10 minutes.

I dropped my 5 year old son off today for his first day of kindergarten. Great stuff.
Mine started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. It really is hard to believe how fast things go once you have kids...

Here are my two little bundles of joy. The oldest is 4-1/2 and the youngest is 2-1/2.

The oldest has the knack, for instance, this morning he wanted to know what the names to all the parts of the coffee maker were and how to make two metals stick together, i.e. welding. He learned how to swim this summer. He can read most 3 and 4 letter words now and he has one more year of preschool before he starts kindergarten.

The youngest is potty trained now which is awesome and she thinks she's 21 years old. Her vocabulary is very impressive, shes' very strong willed, but she has her sweet moments. Having a big brother has made her pretty tough.

And now I realized I can't upload the picture because my storage space was cut to 100k.

I dropped my 5 year old son off today for his first day of kindergarten. Great stuff.

Mine started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. It really is hard to believe how fast things go once you have kids...

Today is my son's first day in kindergarten. ****, time flies.

Wtf?! It's still summer, people!....hello McFly? School after Labor Day up here, thank you very much (though gotta admit, looking forward to it :D )

My son cut his first tooth this morning. I noticed a little white spot two days ago when I was feeding him apple / apricot sauce and, sure enough, that spot is now a tiny sharp tooth coming in. It's a good thing, but we sure are going to miss the toothless smiles shortly.

Mini-ble just turned a year old and he is definitely our world. He's not quite walking yet, but he has been taking steps. He does, however, climb on everything. He can climb up onto our loveseat and make it to the top because he wants to play with the light switch. This is driving Mrs. ble crazy because she has to be 10x more vigilant since he could fall and bust his head really good. He got his first haircut this past Saturday, so he doesn't have his curls anymore.

I'll have to post pics tonight when I get home.

Mini-ble just turned a year old and he is definitely our world. He's not quite walking yet, but he has been taking steps. He does, however, climb on everything. He can climb up onto our loveseat and make it to the top because he wants to play with the light switch. This is driving Mrs. ble crazy because she has to be 10x more vigilant since he could fall and bust his head really good. He got his first haircut this past Saturday, so he doesn't have his curls anymore.
I'll have to post pics tonight when I get home.
Before and after pictures of the first hair cuts are always so cute. Minisnick is 10.5 months and we've already cut his hair twice and he needs it cut again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Min-OSU is doing great... she's about 3wks now, and as of Friday, weighed in @ 8lbs 3 oz.... She's been doing a good job of keeping us up at night, but last night was awesome (she slept from 10-2... and from 2:30-5:30... we actually had to wake her up to feed her)... of course, yesterday was a nightmare for Mrs OSU, she spent the whole dealing with a crying, fussy baby that refused to nap or even be on her own...

In other news, I never realized how stressful that first fingernail trimming would be... Mrs. OSU refuses to do it out of fear that she'll cut her fingers off.... the lead up was much more stressful than actually doing it... surprisingly easy, almost need a microscope, but still....

In other news, I never realized how stressful that first fingernail trimming would be... Mrs. OSU refuses to do it out of fear that she'll cut her fingers off.... the lead up was much more stressful than actually doing it... surprisingly easy, almost need a microscope, but still....
mr snick has tried twice clipping minisnicks nails...both times he nicked skin to the point of slight bleeding. so that job has fallen to me cuz minisnick starts fussing when he sees daddy with the clippers in hand.

My dog is being a real good boy lately. He has not eaten anything in the gaarage in quite a while. Also, I'm pretty sure my dog would win in a fight against any of your kids...

Actually, he would probably just lick them until they were disgusting with dog slober... But I count that as a win.

My dog is being a real good boy lately. He has not eaten anything in the gaarage in quite a while. Also, I'm pretty sure my dog would win in a fight against any of your kids...

Actually, he would probably just lick them until they were disgusting with dog slober... But I count that as a win.
is it possible for a kid to get disgusted with dog slober?

Back