College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
With kickoff less then three weeks away, figured it was time to talk about some college football. With the new conference line-ups, this may be an interesting year.

RTR! Although replacing the entire defensive side of the ball will the the biggest challenge facing the Crimson Tide. That, and having the bulls-eye of National Champs on their backs. Should be fun!

I'm really excited about Clemson's season this year. I think we have a good chance at making it back to the ACC championship game.
That makes one of us. I just don't see it this year. I hope I'm proven wrong.
Obviously we're losing our top offensive producer, but I tend to think we'll be better when we spread the ball around. Kyle Parker came back and word is that he's not at all rusty, we have a deep receiving corps, the linebacker corps seems to be much improved, we're returning 4 starters on the offensive line, DeAndre McDaniel and DaQuan Bowers are back, and we have two cupcake games to start the season instead of last year when we had Georgia Tech as our second game. We also have a lot of freshman that may end up playing this year. I can see us winning the Atlantic Division again this year, but playing Florida State in Doak Campbell is going to be tough.

Edit: And Dabo really impresses me. He's got a great staff, and he gave up some of his own money to keep his defensive coordinator from going to Tennessee. They've been running this system for a year now and I think it's a complicated system on both sides of the ball, with the players having had a year under their belt I think they're going to suprise us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for either an amazing season (won't happen) for U-M or a dismal one (most likely) that will result in RichRod's firing. Nothing in the middle that might give him the hope of keeping his job.

I haven't been too much into college football since undergrad. Then again, after living with football players throughout school, the idea of putting 18-22 year old kids on pedestals for athletics, all the while negating their first priority (class), just irks me. Most are just being set up for failure.

/rant

Let's get to tailgating. That's the REAL sport in all of this anyway!

I'm hoping for either an amazing season (won't happen) for U-M or a dismal one (most likely) that will result in RichRod's firing. Nothing in the middle that might give him the hope of keeping his job.
I live and work in the Lansing area and most folks around here are hoping Michigan wins about seven games - whatever the minimum is so RRod can keep his job. Sounds like seven wins might be enough if it includes a couple "big wins" against Notre Dame, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc.

It reminds me of 2002 when Michigan fans were hoping Bobby Williams could win enough to keep his job at MSU.

Louisville has a new coach in Charlie Strong and some good recruits coming in as well as some transfers that hopefully pan out (Jordan Campbell from USC and Demar Dorsey from UM). Hopefully they are at least competitive, beat Kentucky and get to 6-6.

The past year has been miserable in Louisville for sports.

LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wv:

WVbanana.gif
WVbanana2.gif

and

WE ARE !!!! PENN STATE !!!!!!!!!!

PSUbanana.gif

Louisville has a new coach in Charlie Strong and some good recruits coming in as well as some transfers that hopefully pan out (Jordan Campbell from USC and Demar Dorsey from UM). Hopefully they are at least competitive, beat Kentucky and get to 6-6.
The past year has been miserable in Louisville for sports.
I think our defense will be greatly improved this year, but I'm not so optimistic about the offense. Kragthorpe took one of the best offenses in the country and made them terrible in addition to taking one of the worst defenses in the country and making them worse.

I'm really excited about Clemson's season this year. I think we have a good chance at making it back to the ACC championship game.
we have a deep receiving corps,
You had me until this point. If by deep you mean a bunch of guys that haven't really played much but are pretty much all the same mediocre talent level, then I agree with you. But I think the loss of Palmer is going to hurt Parker a lot, he seemed to be the "go-to" third down guy with good hands. I hope someone steps up into that place. We'll see.

we have a deep receiving corps,
You had me until this point. If by deep you mean a bunch of guys that haven't really played much but are pretty much all the same mediocre talent level, then I agree with you. But I think the loss of Palmer is going to hurt Parker a lot, he seemed to be the "go-to" third down guy with good hands. I hope someone steps up into that place. We'll see.
The message boards are abuzz with Terrence Ashe's performance and DeAndre Hopkins (freshman) may end up starting. So I guess I do mean a bunch of unproven guys, but I think we'll be suprised.

My Buckeyes are #2 in the polls and have a pansy schedule. If they don't have a massive Illinois-style brain fart, they actually have a shot at the BCS championship game. One slip, and they're gone by strength of schedule alone. And no automatic trip to Pasadena either, since there will be the first ever Big 10 championship game!

Back