Electrical PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I work for BE&K Engineering in Controls/Instruments in NC. Name is Eric.

I just took the EE this April for the first time.

I will be better prepared if I take it again.

I took the test this April 1st time too. EEC depth module.

I studied long and hard...and to be frank, left the test pretty pissed because I thought it was more a referendum on how many and which ref materials a person was fortunate enough to have bought/brought--than it was a candidate's suitability as PE.

I feel I did real well on the AM section--only guessing--educated guesses on 2 or 3. The afternoon I had *wild* guesses on at least 20 problems. The sample NCEES, and "the other board" exam materials were a joke. Not one of the problems on the examples were anywhere near as hard as the actual depth test. I brought *every* undergrad text I had (3 milkcrate full) and several problems and terms were not found in any of the textbooks.

I feel that I could have studied 2 more years and it would not have made any difference in my final score.

If I passed, it will be a 'barely' thing. I hold some hope. If I did fail, I plan to re-take next April and will take 2 grad classes in Controls before attempting again...

Paul

I also took the Electrical PE - Power module for the first time in April. I think I did better in the morning session than the afternoon. I don't think the NCEES sample exam was worth much in helping you prepare for the test. Pretty much a waste of money.

For myself, I thought the EERM from "the other board" was pretty good and I did take the prep course from "the other board". I have mixed feelings on that. It was real beneficial to help me organize and structure my studies.

I did not take the EIT and graduated with a BSEE, 24 years ago. I really needed the structure and a starting point to get going. I had forgotten quite a bit and studied hard. I know I made some stupid errors, upon reflecting on the test, but hope that doesn't kill me. I don't know if I can take studying like that again (or my family for that matter).

Barry

I took and finally passed the April '06 exam (PM power).

The last two times were in October of '99 and '00.

I thought the new format was far easier than my two prior exams. That Fall '99 test was a mother...28% national pass rate. I thought the AM session went very well (I finished 28 problems by 10:20) and the PM section was stiffer (felt that I knew 15 for sure).

Now I'm gearing up to take the Civil PE exam here in Arizona. I don't even do EE work; I do grading, drainage and land development (go figure).

Always remember: "Electrical Engineering is sparks and magic...Mechanical Engineering sucks and blows".

I am not electrical but I do work in controls in Morrisville...

Just down the street from you!

:wel

I took the test this April 1st time too. EEC depth module.
I studied long and hard...and to be frank, left the test pretty pissed because I thought it was more a referendum on how many and which ref materials a person was fortunate enough to have bought/brought--than it was a candidate's suitability as PE.

I feel I did real well on the AM section--only guessing--educated guesses on 2 or 3. The afternoon I had *wild* guesses on at least 20 problems. The sample NCEES, and "the other board" exam materials were a joke. Not one of the problems on the examples were anywhere near as hard as the actual depth test. I brought *every* undergrad text I had (3 milkcrate full) and several problems and terms were not found in any of the textbooks.

I feel that I could have studied 2 more years and it would not have made any difference in my final score.

If I passed, it will be a 'barely' thing. I hold some hope. If I did fail, I plan to re-take next April and will take 2 grad classes in Controls before attempting again...

Paul
I felt exactly the same way. The sample exams for the afternoon session were a complete joke. I took the EE-Power and failed it. I give it another go in October. So what are some good references to bring for the PM Power session?

Was anyone else shocked that not one electromagnetics question appeared on the April '06 exam?

Back