Get ready, because I'm about to blow your mind

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TouchDown

Is it Friday yet?
Reaction score
Do you say soda or pop or coke???

user18200_2.jpg

I grew up in north Missouri - I said Pop.

Then I went to school with a lot of guys from St. Louis and now by being around them, I say Soda.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is name brand type stuff it is Pop. If it is like cream sodas, the grape, orange, etc stuff it is soda.

need a bigger map so I can see where "tonic" is.

Not sure where they got it from, but if you can't read, the main delineators are:

Soda = reddish

Pop = Greenish

Coke = Purplish

Other = yellow/blue

I grew up in Michigan so it was Pop for me. But I haven't lived there in over 10 years so its usually soda or sodapop now. I've even caught myself saying Coke once or twice because I lived in Atlanta for 4 years.

Everything around here is a Coke, unless it's a Dr. Pepper, especially a Dublin Dr. Pepper.

Most everyone around here says "pop"... Here at work, at least, I use the brand name (at least in my head) - "I need a Coke", as opposed to "I need a coke".... since we only have a Coke machine outside....

I'll never forgive the writers of the TV show "8 Simple Rules" for repeatedly using "soda." The show was set in Detroit.

I moved to Tallahassee in 1999 and my first lunch was at Blimpy's Subs. I asked the clerk for my sub and a "large pop." The girl didn't punch anything any at first, just looked at me and asked, "Where you from?"

Back