Are you On-board with the Board?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have an issue with California being the last state in the US to give out the results??? Do you find it strange that the slowest state in the US doesn't want to join the NCEES automatic notification and rather insist on maintaining the slowest process in the US??

WELL - are you you willing to speak up??

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an issue with California being the last state in the US to give out the results??? Do you find it strange that the slowest state in the US doesn't want to join the NCEES automatic notification and rather insist on maintaining the slowest process in the US??WELL - are you you willing to speak up??
You think the board hasn't hear complaints before?

Quit your job and make it your life's work. Every year for the past 5 the same complaining. Nobody has yet to even make the effort to attend a board meeting. If you do make this your life's mission, please keep us apprised of your quest.

I appreciate your invitation to take on a new life mission which I will decline just like I don't agree with the perception that whatever you do it doesn't matter because nothing will happen anyway - a pretty dismal view on life I must say. Anyway, I do agree that going to the board is not the solution - However the department of consumer affairs has a complaint form that if people that DO believe that things can change filled out in vast numbers - something might actually happen - scary isn't it !!!!

https://app.dca.ca.gov/complainthelp/on-line-complaint.asp

Onwards and upwards.....

It really looks like NCEES is trying to reel in CA and make change, I agree with benbo that our voice is pretty dim in their ears. They have another advantage in that they do this every day and are professionals, we take the test, pass and go away. I am hoping that with the budget crisis we will see some of the duplication of efforts in all agencies turned back to the feds so we only have to pay once.

I am not quite sure that I understand.......

They have another advantage in that they do this every day and are professionals, we take the test, pass and go away.

So these people are professionals at stalling the process or?! - interesting point of view - lets see - they get the results from NCEES and sits on them for 5 weeks - NCEES opens up the possibility that the CA test takers can be directly informed - CA PELS says no that is bad idea - that is indeed very professional.

As professional I am saying they work at this process each day, we only work pt. They have seen it all and know all the complaints and shortfalls, but they will not change.

I appreciate your invitation to take on a new life mission which I will decline just like I don't agree with the perception that whatever you do it doesn't matter because nothing will happen anyway - a pretty dismal view on life I must say. Anyway, I do agree that going to the board is not the solution - However the department of consumer affairs has a complaint form that if people that DO believe that things can change filled out in vast numbers - something might actually happen - scary isn't it !!!!

Onwards and upwards.....
Way to put a valiant effort out there.

Good luck. That's really going to impress them. It's not worth the electrons. Let's see if it changes after flooding them with these forms.

BTW - NCEES has no power over anybody. THey couldn't control CA anyway, since CA has its own exams (survey, seismic, etc). THe states set the policy. The California Board is comprised of PEs just like us. They've been through the same exact process.

Onwards and upwards.....
Way to put a valiant effort out there.

Good luck. That's really going to impress them. It's not worth the electrons. Let's see if it changes after flooding them with these forms.

BTW - NCEES has no power over anybody. THey couldn't control CA anyway, since CA has its own exams (survey, seismic, etc). THe states set the policy. The California Board is comprised of PEs just like us. They've been through the same exact process.
Once again BENBO - you never seize to surprise me with yet another shot of your bad attitude - Change it up sister......at least try ;)

you never seize to surprise me
Hilarious! Somebody could actually get this phrase incorrect? But then again, you never cease to surprise me with your ignorance.
I truly hope you are single. BTW Benbo your last name wouldn't have to be Slot???
Benbo... I think Alex may be interested.... inquiring to your marital status... hmmm...

not the most subtle advance, but some gays guys like the direct approach I guess.

we may have a blossoming romance here on EB.com!

probably wants to know your last name so he can figure out how it sounds.... "Hmmm... I really like how Alex Slot sounds, it has a nice ring!"

you never seize to surprise me
Hilarious! Somebody could actually get this phrase incorrect? But then again, you never cease to surprise me with your ignorance.
I truly hope you are single. BTW Benbo your last name wouldn't have to be Slot???
Benbo... I think Alex may be interested.... inquiring to your marital status... hmmm...

not the most subtle advance, but some gays guys like the direct approach I guess.

we may have a blossoming romance here on EB.com!

probably wants to know your last name so he can figure out how it sounds.... "Hmmm... I really like how Alex Slot sounds, it has a nice ring!"
Hmmm. Alexander Snyder Slot – A.S.S. for short.

Sorry Al, I don’t roll like that. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.

Don’t despair. I’m sure there’s plenty of snake out there for a charmer such as yourself.

Do you have an issue with California being the last state in the US to give out the results??? Do you find it strange that the slowest state in the US doesn't want to join the NCEES automatic notification and rather insist on maintaining the slowest process in the US??WELL - are you you willing to speak up??
Issuing results goes beyond scanning forms and determining a pass/fail score, as outlined in a previous post. Search on "test validation" on these forums for a brief outline as to the requirement for this process which adds to the timeline for mailing test results.

It's not the lack of willingness that prevents changes, it's the controls placed on state agencies by additional state control agencies, the legislature and the Governor's office. We seek change where we have the opportunity to make change and the control and resources to effectuate change. As stated elsewhere, our Board is comprised of multiple Engineering discipline licensees and a Land Surveyor who have all been through this process and are continually looking for options for change, under the restrictions outlined above. With anywhere from 10-12,000 notices per testing cycle, our timelines will always be a little different than other states with say....250 candidates on a good test day.

Back