When did you get your License?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryGuy

Reaction score
So the next phase of waiting...

About how long after you got your notice from NCEES did you receive your PE number & license from the board?

About how long after you got your notice from NCEES did you receive your PE number & license from the board?
I mailed my money and a copy of my letter to my state board last Wednesday and on Monday morning my status was updated online with a PE number.

Yea but this is a MUCH LESS stressful period of waiting. It probably varies by state. I am in NY and I have heard some people in this state already received certs in mail while most are still waiting.

I spoke to someone at the Florida Board of Professional Engineers. She told me it would be two weeks at the minimum until I get my license #

Washington just updated their webpage with license numbers. So now I have an active license, looks like its retroactive to the PE result date which is nice.

I was posted before I even got my results from the testing agency. I was posted on a Thursday, had my license by Monday.

Must be nice. MI is slow. State cashed my license/app fee on Wed 6/15. Still 4 wks estimated to get the number/cert. :brickwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am confused. i got my acceptance letter and mailed it in with my $140 check a week or so ago. my status has not changed from unnapproved applicant and application in process. however, my license number is showing up, but im pretty sure it was there before i got my letter...hmmmm

i am confused. i got my acceptance letter and mailed it in with my $140 check a week or so ago. my status has not changed from unnapproved applicant and application in process. however, my license number is showing up, but im pretty sure it was there before i got my letter...hmmmm
When I talked to the FL licensing board, they didn't seem to think their website is updated frequently. I would expect that once everything is finalized with your license that their website should change.

You could always call your state board and ask what the deal is.

My number was on the state website 2 days after results from NCEES. That was last Friday, I ordered the stamp and got it yesterday afternoon.

North Carolina gives the option of going to an awards ceremony. We got results on the Website first then I got my wallet card and passing letter in the mail with the option of either getting my wall cert mailed to me or the option to attend one of two Recognition Ceremonies in July (Raleigh on the 22nd and Charlotte on the 29th).

I'm going to one of the ceremonies.... taking my parents, brother, grandfather and fiance...... This is more important to me than my college degree was...

............ and I'm just that much of a dork.

Congradulations to all who passed.

I received my pass letter by email on June 2 from NCEES.

I was on the Washington State DOL website as a Professional Civil Engineer on Saturday June 19, and received my license on Monday June 21, 2010.

Now I have to wait for the wall certificate.

I just checked the Florida website and much to my joy, my PE number was waiting for me.

I'm officially official, saw my name on the NY website yesterday! It took about two weeks after I received my letter in the mail.

I'm officially official, saw my name on the NY website yesterday! It took about two weeks after I received my letter in the mail.
STILL waiting in PA. Letter rec'd 6/26; state website says allow 90 days. License verifiication page updated almost daily with reciprocity approvals, but nothing yet for in-staters who recently passed the exam. *sigh*

Back