PE Civil Construction

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7amo

Reaction score
I took the PE in April, unlucky didn't pass.....any word of

advice thinking about taking the Oct. in Geotechnical???

The referance for the Construction was not enough to cover the PM

7amo;

I took the PE in Civil-Construction and luckily passed. I agree that he PM was way harder that to be expected. But in my opinion your not going to find an easier test in other disiplines. Based on what kind of questions you saw taking the Exam, i recommend really studing harder on those subjects.

I also recently passed PE Construction. The PM was definitely very difficult, however IMO the difficulty was not really due to the lack of references. Rather, the Construction problems are almost like brain teasers, requiring little technical knowledge but MANY steps to solve them. If you screw up one of those steps, then the solution is wrong. It is tough to envision how any more references would have made the Construction PM easier.

School of PE did a great job with the construction module. I would highly recommend taking their review course. Course I took the structural depth, so I can't speak to the construction depth part, but it would at least get you pointed in the right direction.

There's aren't as many good references out there for the construction module. What I found useful was to just keep going back to the NCEES outline. Unlike other disciplines that offer review books that directly follow the test outline, I felt I had to find my own resources for each subject. In doing so its easy to spend a bunch of time on a subject not on the test.

I also read every reference standard cover to cover. (Except for OSHA, you'd be crazy to do that :) I feel like I picked up a few "easy" points just knowing where to look for answers.

7amo;
I took the PE in Civil-Construction and luckily passed. I agree that he PM was way harder that to be expected. But in my opinion your not going to find an easier test in other disiplines. Based on what kind of questions you saw taking the Exam, i recommend really studing harder on those subjects.
Will5:

Did you pass the April 2010 exam ? not to get the Exam specific...I did study but I lacked finding solved problems to help me prepare, especially the Crane and the Pile driving hammer ???

Back