CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sschell

Dude?
Reaction score
Wont be out for for a couple more months.

:laugh:

hang in there guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

hang in there guys...
Next time CA goes to NCEES registration. Maybe this will finally speed up their results.
Doubt it. CA PELS' timeline (i.e. 13 weeks) isn't based on when the 8-hour exams are evaluated. They've got the state-specific exams (seismic, surveying) and the title-specific exams (structural and geotech - both hand-written) to evaluate before the results get "blessed" by the Board. After that, all pass/fail letters are sent at the same time, then it takes a few business days to update the online database.

The CA results will be out in mid-July. It's always around the same week as due date for application filing.

hang in there guys...
Next time CA goes to NCEES registration. Maybe this will finally speed up their results.
Doubt it. CA PELS' timeline (i.e. 13 weeks) isn't based on when the 8-hour exams are evaluated. They've got the state-specific exams (seismic, surveying) and the title-specific exams (structural and geotech - both hand-written) to evaluate before the results get "blessed" by the Board. After that, all pass/fail letters are sent at the same time, then it takes a few business days to update the online database.

The CA results will be out in mid-July. It's always around the same week as due date for application filing.
This administration that's certainly true.

Next administration, I would tend to agree that's probably true. But it isn't written in stone. Since next time will be the very first time NCEES handles the 8 hour exam for CA, they could very well decide to change the process. The only thing that really logistically prohibits them from doing that are the state specific exams, which take more time to grade. The rest of the stuff they could change with a simple administrative decision.

Although, like I said, I also doubt it.

I guy in the office next door was braging about passing the PE he took in April. I laughed but have yet to call him out on his lie.

I guy in the office next door was braging about passing the PE he took in April. I laughed but have yet to call him out on his lie.
you shoud ask him if the results came in a big envelope or a small one...

edit: April 2010 correct??? :dunno:

In the appication there is a place you can provide your email address but I don't know they will send the result to there.

yeah..but our state will still be the last..I think they want to preserve that reputation. =)

its just suck to wait when everybody already celebrating or studying,..

hang in there guys...

I agree. CA time line does not seem to depend on when they receive results from NCEES. They have the state specific exams to evaluate. Per the Oct 2009 exam statistics, that number exceeded 5000!!!

CA took 91 days to send out the result during 1/22/2010. Some of the states get result early about 10 to 12 days this time but some of the state might stay the same speed...So I assume the result will be out around 79 to 91 days. That is around 7/5 to 7/19.

:blowup:

Result in CA usually take additional 1 to 2 weeks after NY got the result(letter).

Has anyone tried calling them about the tentative release dates? I am not hopeful that they would give a definite answer but you never know. Anyway, they are closed today.

I learned that it was a requirement for the Board to determine the cut off scores in a closed session. They had a meeting on May 5th of this year, with this on the Agenda. The meeting minutes for this meeting have not been posted yet. In the past, 2009, the meeting for this decision was in July- so I'm thinking perhaps this may speed things up if they did in fact decide in May?

Back