SE II Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Structural_Ninja

Structural NINJAneer
Reaction score
I took SE II from Texas in April 2010. Does anyone know when to expect the results? I heard that SE II results usually comes 2 weeks later than the PE results.

I took SE I last fall from TX and the results were posted online, does anyone know whether the SE II results will be posted online too or it will be in the mail?

Congratulations to everyone who passed this year!

I took SE II from Texas in April 2010. Does anyone know when to expect the results? I heard that SE II results usually comes 2 weeks later than the PE results.
I took SE I last fall from TX and the results were posted online, does anyone know whether the SE II results will be posted online too or it will be in the mail?

Looks like there are not many people who took SE II on this this board :please: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Structural Warrior,

With the SE2, it honestly is a mixed bag. When my boss took it, it came out 3 weeks after all of the MC exams. When I took it, it came out with all of the exams.

I must admit, that was maybe 3 years ago. :eek:ld-025:

I don't live in Texas but: I took it in South Carolina in October 2009 and I got the results about a week after everyone else got their PE results. We are one of the early states: it was about 59 days after the exam that I found out (with a e-mail directly from NCEES).

I didn't make it, so I retook it in April. Haven't heard anything yet. Hope (and pray) I made it this time........because next time is do or die.

Unfortunately, I took the SE II in Tennessee, which is already a slow state for the PE exams in general. Guess I should expect news in July...

I don't live in Texas but: I took it in South Carolina in October 2009 and I got the results about a week after everyone else got their PE results. We are one of the early states: it was about 59 days after the exam that I found out (with a e-mail directly from NCEES).

I didn't make it, so I retook it in April. Haven't heard anything yet. Hope (and pray) I made it this time........because next time is do or die.
@RM-270,

How was your SE I? When did you take it and which one did you find more difficult? SE I or SE II? I think I did better in SE II than in SE I, but can't say it for sure before the results are out.

@RM-270,
How was your SE I? When did you take it and which one did you find more difficult? SE I or SE II? I think I did better in SE II than in SE I, but can't say it for sure before the results are out.
I thought the SE I was brutal. I passed it [finally] in 2006 (it was multiple attempts; so far, I'm on my second attempt with the SE II). Each time I've taken the SE II, I've found it easier than the SE I. (Of course, with both of them: finishing is the biggest hurdle.) I had thought about taking the SE II on down the line, but the change in the exam format is forcing my hand on this.

@RM-270,
I thought the SE I was brutal. I passed it [finally] in 2006 (it was multiple attempts; so far, I'm on my second attempt with the SE II). Each time I've taken the SE II, I've found it easier than the SE I. (Of course, with both of them: finishing is the biggest hurdle.) I had thought about taking the SE II on down the line, but the change in the exam format is forcing my hand on this.
Yeah, that's true. I took SE I last fall and decided to take SE II while my brain was still fresh with all the studies i did for SE I. I assume they would be more liberal in checking this time as it's the second last time the test will be offered. And the passing rate for SE II is almost double than that of SE I, so I would hope that it will be positive news for you this time. Good Luck!

Yeah, that's true. I took SE I last fall and decided to take SE II while my brain was still fresh with all the studies i did for SE I. I assume they would be more liberal in checking this time as it's the second last time the test will be offered. And the passing rate for SE II is almost double than that of SE I, so I would hope that it will be positive news for you this time. Good Luck!
Good luck to you as well.

The thing I could really kick myself for is not trying the SE II sooner (of course, living in the Southeast, it's really not a big deal....just thought I'd add that MLSE to my NCEES record before the opportunity went away).

I took both parts of the SE Exam in Illinois. They have the results for SE I out and I passed. I am still waiting for SE II.

I took both parts of the SE Exam in Illinois. They have the results for SE I out and I passed. I am still waiting for SE II.
@SE Taker, Congratulations for your SE I result. I think you passed the harder one.

I wonder how can you take both SE I and SE II at the same time? Is it any different than any other state in Illinois, because i know in TX SE I and SE II are offered on the same day, at same time. So you can take only one at a time.

They offer the SE I on Friday and the SE II on Saturday in Illinois. Passing both test is required to be a licensed Structural Engineer in Illinois.

I just email NCEES and the SE II results will not be out until at least June 25th
I think that's more frustrating for you than me. I knew i had to wait longer, but you got half done and will have to wait for atleast three more weeks for the other half. Good luck waiting.

Thanks for the update, we're all impatiently waiting!!!!!

I just email NCEES and the SE II results will not be out until at least June 25th

Interesting. Did you mention what state you took it in? (I wonder if that is for your particular state.) It took me about 59 days to get results (last time) in S.C.

I wonder if there was some irregularity with the exam....I sent in a few comment forms on a couple things I noticed.....so maybe this is all my fault. :mf_followthroughfart:

I took it in Illinois but the email was from NCEES. Here was there responce:

Probably soon after the week beginning June 21.

Bruce G. Martin, P.E.

Exam Development Engineer

NCEES

T: 864-624-5475

F: 864-654-6033

ncees.org

I took it in Illinois but the email was from NCEES. Here was there responce:
Probably soon after the week beginning June 21.

Bruce G. Martin, P.E.

Exam Development Engineer

NCEES

T: 864-624-5475

F: 864-654-6033

ncees.org
Thanks for the information. I hope to get it before the 4th of July long weekend.

This wait is going to kill me, knowing that the other PE's know and we won't for another 2 weeks.... Deep breath, deep breath... Oh, I only want to know if I passed. If I didn't, please don't tell me and ruin my summer! I really don't want to study again.....

This wait is going to kill me, knowing that the other PE's know and we won't for another 2 weeks.... Deep breath, deep breath... Oh, I only want to know if I passed. If I didn't, please don't tell me and ruin my summer! I really don't want to study again.....
Perhaps I am being optimistic, but let's say I pass the SE II test and I already have a SE I can I add "First name last name, PE, SE" to my signature? I took both my tests in Texas and there is no SE license in that state.

Back