Colorado PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdcengineer

Sharp as a piece of beach glass
Reaction score
So results are anticipated in the next month or so.. Does anyone know what we're looking for here in Colorado? Obviously a letter, but what about an email? I hear some folks talking about checking the state board website. Are we looking for our names to be listed as licensed professionals or what?

What about checking our NCEES accounts? Any worthwhile info there? It's starting to itch, the closer we get..

If the time frame is the same as the October test, results will be out at the end of next week (per the spreadsheet in the thread pinned at the top of this subforum). This happens to coincide with a board meeting on June 11. So if not next week, sometime the following week.

Colorado doesn't wait on the board. CO defers to the NCEES for pass/fail, then since the rest of your application has to be approved before you take the exam, a "pass" = PE.

When I called the CO board (back when I took the exam), they say the website can be updated as late as 6 weeks after you get the results (which will show your PE number), but in my experience they're much quicker than that. The license itself should appear in the mail within a few weeks after getting the email.

Last edited:
Interesting about the possible 6 week delay on the website since the results seem to be posted there a couple days ahead of time.

Either way, no need to fret this week, maybe Wednesday of next week start freaking out and going OCD on refreshing your email account, and checking ALISON a couple times a day.

Colorado doesn't wait on the board. CO defers to the NCEES for pass/fail, then since the rest of your application has to be approved before you take the exam, a "pass" = PE.
When I called the CO board (back when I took the exam), they say the website can be updated as late as 6 weeks after you get the results (which will show your PE number), but in my experience they're much quicker than that. The license itself should appear in the mail within a few weeks after getting the email.
Dex, is this email from NCEES?

Thanks to all for the input.

I don't know for sure who the email is from (I got a letter back before the emails were sent), but I do know you get the results via 2 emails. The first email is a confirmation email that directs you to some website where you enter your info for confirmation. This then either generates a 2nd email with the results or gives you the results on the webpage.

Interesting about the possible 6 week delay on the website since the results seem to be posted there a couple days ahead of time.
Either way, no need to fret this week, maybe Wednesday of next week start freaking out and going OCD on refreshing your email account, and checking ALISON a couple times a day.
They put that delay in there as a CYA thing.

Dex, is this email from NCEES?

Thanks to all for the input.
I got mine directly from NCEES. They said to check my NCEES account, and once I had logged in to the NCEES account, I had to autorize the release of my results via email. Once I did that, I had my 'pass' about 15 minutes later. This was in Fall of '08, so the procedure may have changed. Good luck!

FYI, as of 2:30pm local time, the next available PE number is 44205. I'm sure the next few will continue to be comity PE's, but not more than a couple dozen in the next week or 2.

Last edited:
FYI, as of 2:30pm local time, the next available PE number is 44205. I'm sure the next few will continue to be comity PE's, but not more than a couple dozen in the next week or 2.
How'd you search by number? I see that at the ALISON interwebz you can plug a number in, but is there a way to view a list?

How'd you search by number? I see that at the ALISON interwebz you can plug a number in, but is there a way to view a list?
You can download a complete list of names, addresses, phone numbers, PE numbers, etc in a .txt file, but I just found the number by doing multiple number searches until I found the last one.

Edit: here's a link to download the database. https://www.doradls.state.co.us/lic_database_req.php

Last edited:
Back