Beware of CE WR this go around

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCPE

Reaction score
April's CE WR was really easy and NCEEs will be looking to make up for it.

:kick:

Let me rephrase...

April's CE pass rate was around 67% for first time takers, the highest pass rate in years. Some of the repeat takers in other modules said April's test was more straightforward than previous. Usually the pass rate is around 60% for first time takers.

I am not saying its right but dont be suprised if you see Octobers pass rate back down around the 60% level. Hopefully NCEES doesn't overcompensate.

:ZZZ:

If you know what your doing, well thats great, then you know what your doing. That is not to say that just because you know what your doing, the test is certainly not going to be easy or for that matter any more difficult. For instance, I can ride a bike, but until I worked at it ( I feel many times) I have never considered the trials of learning to be easy. I dont have the time to discuss my failures

My point is, if you know the subject matter in and out you will do fine. Relax, and don't get caught up in all the anxiety Settle down, your a smart and this is just another this if it had been a real emergency (Something Serious) you would have been notified by Luke Skywalker. "oldtimer"

Remember to eat plenty of Tortillas, Refried Beans with Guac and shredded cheddar cheese. Of course you'll need to wash that down with some refreshing Cervasa. Ahhh... :beerchug

Wake up! Get back to class and ace this EASY exam :dsgt:

I talked to a guy who was a repeat taker and he said just about the same thing.

He took WR and passed in the spring. I try not to let this sort of thing rattle me.

I am less prepared for this attempt than I was on the last attempt. However, I have less of a give a **** factor on this attempt than the last one, so it evens out.
DITTO

especially on the 'who gives a ****' attitude

what's up with that? I want to care. I want to study 10 hrs a day till then, I just am not worked up. I'm pathetic.

Let me rephrase...
April's CE pass rate was around 67% for first time takers, the highest pass rate in years. Some of the repeat takers in other modules said April's test was more straightforward than previous. Usually the pass rate is around 60% for first time takers.

I am not saying its right but dont be suprised if you see Octobers pass rate back down around the 60% level. Hopefully NCEES doesn't overcompensate.

They won't have to change it at all to get the pass rate down to 60%, it's a cyclic thing.

I bet you didn't find it easy at all. I bet you were sweatin it and had worked up an ulcer by the time the results came in, and once you passed, you assumed the "I knew I passed EASY all along" attitude.

Just my humble opinion. "oldtimer"

Let me rephrase...
April's CE pass rate was around 67% for first time takers, the highest pass rate in years.  Some of the repeat takers in other modules said April's test was more straightforward than previous.  Usually the pass rate is around 60% for first time takers. 

I am not saying its right but dont be suprised if you see Octobers pass rate back down around the 60% level.  Hopefully NCEES doesn't overcompensate. 

They won't have to change it at all to get the pass rate down to 60%, it's a cyclic thing.

I bet you didn't find it easy at all. I bet you were sweatin it and had worked up an ulcer by the time the results came in, and once you passed, you assumed the "I knew I passed EASY all along" attitude.

Just my humble opinion. "oldtimer"
Show me a previous pass rate for first time takers for CE of 67%. I dont think it has ever been that high.

Let me rephrase my first post. I thought the CE WR in April was straight forward and due to the high pass rates in all disciplines, I surmised that the exam was easier than usual.

PEsoon2B,

you trying to stir the pot again?

I noticed your warn level is at 20%, why is that? Seriously?

I didn't do it?

Let me rephrase my first post. I thought the CE WR in April was straight forward and due to the high pass rates in all disciplines, I surmised that the exam was easier than usual.
SCPE,

I gotcha. You're prolly right, just no one wants to hear that.

OR, the exam was harder than usual and they lowered the cut score to accomodate for the level of difficulty :D

OR the exam takers were smarter than usual (at least those that passed). :D

Last edited:
And Then..

dude.jpg

Back