Bad PE Exam Seat

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khp

Reaction score
This is an image from the NCEES website for the PE Exam. How pissed would you be if you were one of those lucky people in the sunny row. I might have nightmares between now and April 16th about this picture.

525x242exams.jpg

I'd be pissed. but that is so just a random testing picture, FE exam at best. There are no reference books anywhere.

In maryland we had to take both the FE and the PE at the Timonium fairgrounds. The place barely had any sort of climate control. Both times I was there the building was freezing. They also had us take the test on old wooden folding tables. They were so old and roughed up that they handed out cardboard pads for us to work on to avoid getting splinters. It was F'n rediculous.

This is an image from the NCEES website for the PE Exam. How pissed would you be if you were one of those lucky people in the sunny row. I might have nightmares between now and April 16th about this picture.
525x242exams.jpg
Already discussed in several other threads - here's one Discussion about ncees website

I think in one of the threads it was decided this was just a stock photo and not an actual ncees exam.....

525x242exams.jpg
Already discussed in several other threads - here's one Discussion about ncees website

I think in one of the threads it was decided this was just a stock photo and not an actual ncees exam.....
You have a point there MIG. There is a guy with a hat there. That is not allowed for the PE exam. It has to be a lawyer's test or a PMP certification test.

In pomona we had over 1000 people taking the exam, old wooden tables that were fine, no splinters. 2 per 8' table. I had to change chairs twice, they were tweeked so were really unconfortable. The room looks alot like the one in the pic except we had tables and references. The air system worked fine and overall was confortable.

When I did my FE/EIT in Ohio they still did all the testing in Columbus in a crappy old arena. We were at folding tables, but that picture isn't too far off. By the time I was taking my PE they finally wised up and do the exams in Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland. It makes it much nicer because you can probably cut down your drive time, but there were also a lot less people taking it so we had a nicer place (at least in Cincinnati).

BTW, I would imagine the sun would only be a problem for a little while before it moved on to the next row unless they were taking the exam in Alaska somewhere.

Macon, Georgia exam location was good when I took it last fall where it has a pretty decent size table sharing with another test taker.

I put all my books on the table and still got plenty of room.

Macon, Georgia exam location was good when I took it last fall where it has a pretty decent size table sharing with another test taker.
Guess you weren't in the back of the room with me where some guy on the other side of the wall had a concrete saw running all day. Glad I brought the earplugs. They did finally finish construction on the Centraplex. I didn't mind taking it in Perry, probably b/c I finally passed. Did they move this springs exam back to Macon?

I highly doubt that is a PE exam just from the volume of test takers, unless its in california or texas but even then they probably have multipule test locations to prevent having a huge room full of people. There were maybe 30 people in my PE exam and you had plenty of room to spread out. This almost looks like a high school exam or something. Also there are a few what appear to be hot women in there which makes it very suspect that its a PE exam.

Guess you weren't in the back of the room with me where some guy on the other side of the wall had a concrete saw running all day. Glad I brought the earplugs. They did finally finish construction on the Centraplex. I didn't mind taking it in Perry, probably b/c I finally passed. Did they move this springs exam back to Macon?
In NY, they had a Jack Hammer going during the PE exam (Pratt Institute, Brooklyn) sometime around 2007, forgot whether it was Spring or Fall. That was classic.

At the Pomona test in Cali we had a motorcycle derby or something along that line and we had bikes riding all day long running their engine.

I highly doubt that is a PE exam just from the volume of test takers, unless its in california or texas but even then they probably have multipule test locations to prevent having a huge room full of people. There were maybe 30 people in my PE exam and you had plenty of room to spread out. This almost looks like a high school exam or something. Also there are a few what appear to be hot women in there which makes it very suspect that its a PE exam.
I would have to disagree with you if you are basing your decision on volume alone. Here in Houston we usually have a very large turn out. Our exam seating has ranged from the low 300s to the high 500s.

30 people on average in VT, this year we will be sitting on folding metal chairs. They actually recommended bringing a cushion to sit on.

Why, why does he even open his mouth? Hot women cannot be PEs?

There were over 300 people when I took the exam...

BTW, there are 1100 PE's issued in Colorado alone between when I took the exam in April 08 to when my co-worker took it in April 09.

We were at the convention center in Downtown Richmond and sat two to a table. My table mate never showed up though, lot of money to piss away too.

BTW my proctors were terrible.

my proctor in Austin was cool. long hair pony-tail hippie dude who was pretty nice.

We were at the convention center in Downtown Richmond and sat two to a table. My table mate never showed up though, lot of money to piss away too.
BTW my proctors were terrible.

I was in Fairfax. We were 2 per table and the tables were decent sized. My proctors were terrible. Two of them talking during the morning session for quite a while and I could hear them through my ear plugs. Kept trying to get their attention to ask them to shut up but they were oblivious. Finally another proctor asked them to stop talking. Then, in the afternoon, one of the proctors accidentally took my answer sheet while I was working a problem. He intended to pick up the EES questionnaire. I didn't realize it until later when I went to put my answer down. And, I didn't even realize that was what had happened. Seriously considering complaining to the Virginia board about the proctors.

Back