101 Solved Civil Engineering Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jefftina

Does anyone have this (101 Solved Civil Engineering Problems which is not currently sold by "the other board", out of print or out of date I don't know) for sale and/or if anyone has used it do you recommend it as a reference at least take to the exam?

Does anyone have this (101 Solved Civil Engineering Problems which is not currently sold by "the other board", out of print or out of date I don't know) for sale and/or if anyone has used it do you recommend it as a reference at least take to the exam?
I worked thru that book but I dont know if you would need it in the exam. You shouldnt be trying to tifle thru problems to find a similar one. It will take too much time. Practice the problems and you will be alright.

I have it but I think your better off with the 6 minute solutions. If I wasnt taking the PE in a few weeks I would make you a deal on it.

It didnt help me last time :eek:ld timer:

**** it DIAZ, my whole strategy is to find a similar problem.

I'm putting together a hellava 3-ring binder for each discipline and problem type for quick access.

Looks like we will be seeing DVINNY back here in november...good luck man, but everyone here will tell you that strategy is going to sink you....

I borrowed a copy of the 101 probs. I think the NCEES sample exam is better, and the 6 Minute Solutions are good practice. The 6 Min. probs get a bit involved for the depth probs., but good practice.

I have a binder that I plan to use, but trying not to rely too much on binder materials. Its going to be really hard to find a "go-by" during the test.

It will be handy to have all the appropriate equations and conversion factors at hand.

Are you saying the idea of having similar problems is bad or the binder idea? I have one binder with my key notes sheets that I made for each of the 5 sections. For some things (walls, etc.), I have some step by step generic things written out. I can do most problems with this notebook and the CERM I think. In the afternoon, I use the specific section from the binder and swap the CERM for two pretty good geotech texts I have. Does this seem like a bad plan??

-GT

Back