Fire Protection Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyCXC

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else on the board took Fire Protection for their discipline? NJ offered it for the first time this past October.

I took the fire protection exam here in Virginia. (first time for me)

I'm still waiting on the results, but I think I did well. The SFPE Reference Manual was the right book to study!

I'm still waiting on the results, but I think I did well. The SFPE Reference Manual was the right book to study!
I took it in South Dakota last October - I have not recived the result yet. I hope we all passed!

I took it in South Dakota last October - I have not recived the result yet. I hope we all passed!
I passed the FPE in Colorado this October. We had three people passed FPE in colorado.

I think I saw someone take this exam (color coded exam books)!

What exactly does a FPE do?

The SFPE Reference Manual was the right book to study!

Does everyone agree the SFPE Reference Manual was the right book? What books did you bring to the exam?
I passed the FPE in October 2008 on my 2nd try. I'm an EE by schooling...

The SFPE Reference Manual is very very helpful....if you mastered it, it's safe to say that you will most likely pass but it's a lot of work which most people might not do on their first shot, especially if doing the SFPE review course.

Being that I'm not an FPE by schooling, I felt it necessary to take the SFPE review course, and other supplementary education.

Back